cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New email problem claims my meesage is too big and too many recipients!!!

Ian_Mac

New email problem claims my meesage is too big and too many recipients!!!

I'm attempting to send an emal with 11 recipients and a 250Kb attachemnt and I'm getting this message - just what is going on!
I'm also getting a warning box at the bottom of the email saying a unique identifier matching the from address is wrong - just what is going on!

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded:  Too many rcpts in time period from this IP.

wondering if the plusnet connection has failed!
No that is working - have you changed the ip addresses as I have to forward my mail to the very slow plusnet connect rather than my super fast connection.

--

Ian Mac

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New email problem claims my meesage is too big and too many recipients!!!

Hi Ian,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Can you please provide the full error message?  Sometimes the error message will have numbers (which really helps) and the text will say A or B or message too big ... not understanding A or B we tend to assume it is "too big" which does not fit the facts.

I would suspect and issue with one of the addressees.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.