cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account, new email, incoming mail problems.

tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

New account, new email, incoming mail problems.

Setting up email on a netbook for my brothers mother inlaw tonight. My sister inlaw set up the email for her mother from her own PC. All three of us are PlusNet customers. That make any sense ...  Huh
Its a new PlusNet account, line has been enabled at the house but the due to a mix up the router hasn't been posted yet. I'm setting up the netbook to be used using Thunderbird as the email program. Problem is any email sent to the new account email address bounces back with the following error message:

5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'DNS Hard Error looking up XXXXXXXXXXX.plus.com (MX):  NXDomain'
Emails can be sent from the account ok, just that everything sent to it bounces straight back.
Tried sending to postmaster@xxxxxxx.plus.com but it also bounces straight back with the exact same error message.
Is there a time delay on setting up a new email on a new account? (But like I said I can send emails) Maybe its because I'm at my own house and not the new accounts address (Unlikely I'd have thought)
Thoughts please as I'm rambling now  Smiley
Thanks ... John
Going there tomorrow as I have a spare router and I'll set that one up to get her online.

2 REPLIES 2
tullyhubbert9
Dabbler

Re: New account, new email, incoming mail problems.

Must have been a time issue, sending and receiving emails this morning.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New account, new email, incoming mail problems.

It's probably that the folder system for the email hadn't been created at the time of the first sending, however that then nudged the script which set everything up - that's why it's worked a few hours later Smiley
Glad it's working for you.