Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - Email Account

FIXED
steveclark143

New User - Email Account

Hi All

I am new to Plusnet and just setup Router etc. As part of the Broadband package dow we get an email address as standard i.e xxx@plusnet.com. If so where do I find the username and password and have we a webmail url I can access it please. Sorry but I cant seem to find anything on the forum search and my Welcome letter from Plusnet but may just be looking in wrong place / wrong thing.

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: New User - Email Account

Fix

@steveclark143 

You're out of luck - PlusNet stopped providing new users with e-mail addresses a short while back (April I think). They also stopped e-mail only accounts for departing users.

There are rumours going aroung that they plan to stop e-mail entirely but, so far, thankfully just rumours.

Brian

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@steveclark143 Plusnet has given me great service for many years but their email was rubbish from day one ... you get what you pay for, so fair enough.

I suggest you choose one of the biggies like Gmail or MS Hotmail/Outlook or whatever it's called now, or follow the many who pay an independent provider. I pay about £3/mth for Fastmail's basic package. Another advantage is that you keep the same email addy when you change provider.

steveclark143

Thank You for your reply. I am moving away from BT to this PlusNet Account so it looks like I will check with BT if I can just hold the email when I cease their Broadband. 

steveclark143

Thank You for your reply. I am moving away from BT to this PlusNet Account so it looks like I will check with BT if I can just hold the email when I cease their Broadband.