Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router- No Access to Email

FIXED
fumanchu
Dabbler

New Router- No Access to Email

Since yesterday when we set up the new router, I can't log in to my webmail. Plusnet have given me a new account with new username and webmail just won't take it. And webmail  won't take my old name.  I use this email addy for paypal etc and I need it sorted. Anybody help please?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

10 REPLIES 10
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: NEW ROUTER- NO ACCESS TO EMAIL

A new router won't make a difference to email, but the new account may do.

Can you log into your member centre with your new credentials? If you can, I'd check whether the email side of it is actually active. Go into your mail settings in there and you should see any active mailboxes, and you can create and adjust as needed.

I'd also maybe look at changing things with PayPal. Sounds like your old account is closed, and the email address is likely to go with it so you may want to update your contact details elsewhere when the new email is running.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@fumanchu 

Can you get access using your old username and password through webmail?  https://webmail.plus.net

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

fumanchu
Dabbler

No, I can't get into the old username or the new one. I have no access at all to Plusnet email. I cant understand it.

fumanchu
Dabbler

I can get into my account yes, will go and see if I can find anything I understand re email. I have changed the paypal addy back to yahoo and will keep it there I think. This is so annoying!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Did Plusnet 'force' a change of account name, possibly associated with a billing system issue?

If yes, then the question which needs to be explored, is was your old account migrated to "email only"?  Under the circumstances it should have been WITHOUT THE NEED FOR YOU to request it.

@Gandalf can you lend assistance here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fumanchu
Dabbler

I phoned up to ask if I was in a contract or not because the bills were starting to get a bit high and I wanted to see if we could work out a better deal. But they couldnt get into the account and said it was "broken" so they'd have to open a new account. I didn't realise at the time that this would involve a new router and a new phone number, it's all got complicated somehow lol

fumanchu
Dabbler

I'm quite happy about it now, as the router works and the new phone number works, but I just need my email to work..

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

So you really need your old account email reactivating ... and restoring.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone @fumanchu 

I'm sorry for the mess we've made of things and your transfer from your old to new account hadn't been smooth. As discussed I've made your old account an email account so your previous email address should now be working. Let me know if there are any issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fumanchu
Dabbler

Great help, thank you.