cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Laptop ? Different type of email.

Crimson
Grafter

New Laptop ? Different type of email.

I'm hoping to buy my first laptop and at present I have Windows Mail on my desktop.  Will it be difficult to change my Plusnet email to another system, depending on the software my laptop may have, or will I have problems?  I know some email systems are better than others but I apologise for my lack of "know how." Embarrassed  Any advice will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Laptop ? Different type of email.

In terms of moving to a new laptop with Windows 7 you have two options - install windows mail or use the email packaged with your new laptop (at this stage I am ignoring using a totally different email client such as Thunderbird)
Setting up your email system on the new PC, whever option you choose, will be very easy but you will need to look into transferring all your existing email messages/address book et to the new PC. Again this isn't difficult and after you have bought the new laptop we can give specific guidance
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Oldjim
with Windows 7 you have two options - install windows mail or ..............

No, it's not included in W7. Came and went with Vista.
Roughly equivalent is the mail client (Windows Live Mail) included in the downloadable Windows Live package.
Crimson
Grafter

Thank you very much for your replies.  It's good to know that help is available if needed - First Class to Plusnet, thank you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: HPsauce
No, it's not included in W7. Came and went with Vista.
Roughly equivalent is the mail client (Windows Live Mail) included in the downloadable Windows Live package.
I didn't say it was - that is why I said "install"
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5481-windows-mail.html