Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Emails

FIXED
kenm
Grafter

NO Emails

Today i was reading my emails ( on webmail ) when it threw a wobbly and all the emails dissapeared

also the saved emails in my folders have dissappeared.

I can compose and send 

I can open my address book and send 

I composed and sent to myself but nothing came thru on Webmail

If i go to SQUIRRREL mail all my emails are there plus the one i sent to myself 

and all the saved ones in my folders. I phoned in and had a test sent but not received on webmail but there on squuirrel

been passed for investigation dept      Any suggestions thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: NO Emails

What do you mean by a "wobbly" and "email disappeared"?

Do you get an explicit statement that the folder is empty ... or do you simply not see any mail items ... because there is an error message at the top of the screen?

If you see your emails when using Squirrel mail then they are there on the server and there is a key bit of information not provided in your post above.  Round Cube (normal) webmail does have some know performance issues...

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

There is no necessity to restrict your access to your Plusnet email via the Plusnet Webmail interface. Virtually every IT device comes with an in-built email program which can be configured to access your Plusnet email service. See the setting up an email client guide.

Some have found logging into their mailbox using this third party webmail client - https://mail2web.com helpful in clearing out clutter from their mailboxes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kenm
Grafter

Thanks for reply i spent another hour yesterday on phone to PN, sorry to say the person seemed to know less than me and my knowledge is very very basic. On sat morning i went into webmail to write an email for a shed quote which i then saved in drafts as i wanted to check with wife that sizes were ok, later went back in to send it ,opened ok , clicked edit to open and attached a pic looked for the send button then everything just disappeared no error messages, inbox and folders all there but they are all empty, I only had 6/7 emails in inbox plus one unopened, I don't have loads of saved emails only 86 spread across my folders. Webmail opens ok I can access my address book and write emails, I can compose emails and send but where have all my saved emails suddenly gone.     I read your article on SQUIREL mail  so on sign on page i clicked Basic and signed on that way and all my emails are there and all the saved emails in my folders I managed to use my draft email and send it . I have never opened Squirrel before didn't even know it existed.    Twice at weekend i asked for a ticket/question to be opened but nothing done. I was also told my ipad was causing this, then it was my iphone  then it was windows   ( i only connect using my desktop no other devices.) Hope you can look into this as i know WEBMAIL is a bit slow but it is what i know and use because of my basic computing knowledge,  My list options are also set to NONE as per your article I read           Thank You.

kenm
Grafter

Townman

Sorry i forgot to say in above reply 

When i click to open any of my folders i get a message in a yellow box at top of page states-

This folder is empty.

Ken

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is an odd one - not surprised that support were flummoxed!

It is inconceivable that one IMAP email client shows emails whilst another does not; as Holmes said, when the probable has been eliminated, then the improbable must be examined!

So to check the basics, are you logging on to Round Cube / Squirrel mail in exactly the same way - that is email address or accountname (+mailbox if a secondary mailbox)?

Can you confirm that you do not have one of your other devices accessing that same mailbox with a POP3 configured email client?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kenm
Grafter

Hi at 9.50 i logged onto WEBMAIL ( username + password ) and wow all my emails are back and all folders have saved emails.  The format of the inbox page has changed. The page used to be split  so when i  clicked on an email it would open  in the lower half of the page 

Emails do not open with a click as previously,   I have to double click, and it opens in a new window, or use cog above to open in new window 

On my login page i have to click the basic tab to sign on with Squirrel same as Webmail username + password

Most strange, something has altered somewhere and it wasn't me, I am very reluctant to change anything if its working

Confirm i do not have any other devices which can connect to webmail 

Any Thoughts   

Kenm

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It would somewhat look like your Round Cube webmail settings became "screwed-up".  Odd that preview should now be turned off.  This is easy to change, go to settings, mailbox view and click show preview and save.

Capture webmail settings preview.JPG

kenm
Grafter

Hi have just done that as there was no tick in that box   Ticked and saved

did notice on your screenshot that immediatley is greyed out on mine its bold?

Returned to inbox all emails gone just blank page with Round Cube watermark

If i go back in and remove the tick and save i go back to previous comment

Ken

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

Like this ... ?

Capture Webmail preview pane.JPG

In which case the preview pane has (somehow) been made to fill the whole of the window.  Place the mouse over the preview pane edge (as marked in yellow) click and drag down to expose the mailbox content list.

kenm
Grafter

Success     "Elementary my dear Watson"

I did hover where you said but all i could get was a Sort By message

Moved curser about  and suddenly got the drag button right up in the corner next to

size star and paperclip which put everything back to normal

THANK YOU for your help

Kenm.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Ken,

Glad to learn that this is now fixed for you.  Just a couple of notes on how the forum space works...

1. The "fix" button is not a "this issue is now FIXED" indicator but a means of identifying "this RESPONSE FIXED my problem" - the intention being to clearly flag to other users who encounter the same issue what resolved the problem for you
  2. You can indicate appreciation for help given by clicking the "thanks" button on those posts which helped you

I am still mystified why you saw the yellow "no items in folder" message!!