Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My emails wont load

dammad13
Hooked

My emails wont load

Hi

Has anyone had a problem with their emails downloading.  I can get in to them, I can see the number of emails in my in box, but the just get the loading timer and then it times out.  It is so frustrating.  I can be trying all day and if I am lucky get to see my emails once.  If I open an email the chances of me getting back to access the inbox again are zilch.

The thought of having to sort out a new email account again and all the palava that goes with doing that fills me with dread but unless someone can help me sort this, I won't have an option.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Jackie

8 REPLIES 8
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: My emails wont load

Assuming you are using the PN e-mail service, it might be better to post this here rather than in General Chat.

dammad13
Hooked

Thank you.  Have re-posted where suggested.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to Email.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @dammad13

Can you advise if this is happening through Webmail, or an email client? -Katie

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
dammad13
Hooked

Its through webmail.

Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers

Jackie

jackiehamer

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. I get timed out over and over again and have been almost completely unable to access my inbox for days. My inbox is getting bigger all the time and there is nothing I can do about it, so I am stuck in a vicious circle. Android phone was slightly better than Windows 10 Surface pro but both now hopeless.

dammad13
Hooked

I have had a bit of luck by logging in on my partners pc that sometimes lets me in, but still not a satisfactory solution.  Seriously thinking about having to change my email and go with someone else which is a total pain given the amount of accounts I have to change the information on, but plusnet don't seem to bothered about it, and I can't see any other solution at the moment.  Such a pain, but losing the will to live!!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.