cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My emails have vanished - reply says 'DNS reported recipient's name does not exist'!

melgam618

My emails have vanished - reply says 'DNS reported recipient's name does not exist'!

My free-online mailbox that I have had for over 20 years (!) has suddenly vanished, no emails since 30 March. I have tried re-entering password and it says cannot be verified. When you send email to my account reply says: 

"Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their domain isn't properly registered at their domain registrar. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem."

Has PlusNet deleted Free-online emails from servers and removed domain? Was there any warning of this? Really like to be able to contact people at this time. How can I get my emails back? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: My emails have vanished - reply says 'DNS reported recipient's name does not exist'!

Do you use a personal domain name with this email box?

If yes, then I would suspect that the domain name has not been renewed.

Try putting your domain name in here - https://mxtoolbox.com/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.