cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My email going to my wifes email box

pfaas

My email going to my wifes email box

I'm sure I've made a simple mistake, but I thought I set up 3 seperate email addresses in the form of..
smith@smith.plus.com (original default)
bert@smith.plus.com
sal@smith.plus.com
My email address summary now shows
bert@smith.plus.com Mailbox default
sal@smith.plus.com  Mailbox
postmaster@smith.plus.com alias bert@smith.plus.com
This looks ok,  however email received by the bert address is also beng received by the sal address.  Can anyone tell me what setting is incorrect and how to rescue the situation.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: My email going to my wifes email box

however email received by the bert address is also beng received by the sal address
To receive the email for sal@smith.plus.com, in your email client configuration, you need to use a username of 'smith+sal'  and the password you set for the sal mailbox.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Your mail is set up as follows:
sal@smith.plus.com and smith@smith.plus.com deliver to the smith@smith.plus.com mailbox that is accessed using the same login credentials as those used to access the Plusnet Member Centre.
bert@smith.plus.com delivers to it's own mailbox accessed using the username 'smith+bert' (minus quotes) and the corresponding mailbox password.
If things aren't working like that, then something's wrong with your account (or you haven't allowed long enough following the creation of the second mailbox).
I've given things a nudge at this side. Give it half an hour and shout up if you're still experiencing problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pfaas

Thanks for the help -- Boy that's confusing, and doesn't quite seem as intended.  Things are still not working.  I just sent a gmail to "bert@smith.plus.net" and whilst it arrived, it got to "sal@smith.plus.net" a minute before.
The intention is that "bert" and "sal" just get their own individual emails.  Plus anything sent to newname@smith.plus.net would be streamed to bert's email.  Any help or advice welcomed.
I hope we don't have to change the names, and it's only a setting toggle, as we've spent all afternoon notifying websites & friends!  Embarrassed
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: pfaas
Thanks for the help -- Boy that's confusing, and doesn't quite seem as intended.  Things are still not working.  I just sent a gmail to "bert@smith.plus.net" and whilst it arrived, it got to "sal@smith.plus.net" a minute before.

That doesn't sound right to me Huh
Quote from: pfaas
Plus anything sent to newname@smith.plus.net would be streamed to bert's email.

Without the creation of additional aliases, that can only be achieved by enabling the catch-all. It can also only be applied to the default account. You currently have the catch-all switched off.
It's getting confusing using substitute mailbox names/addresses in this thread. Feel free to send me a private message containing the actual email addresses/behaviours you're after and I'll see if I can help.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pfaas

:DThanks - all resolved.  MrW spotted my error.  Thanks to Bob as well for testing everything was ok.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Glad we got you sorted. Once you understand it, the email faciliities for multiple mailboxes and aliases can be extremely useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.