cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users for one email account

FIXED
KeithS

Multiple users for one email account

Mac - Mac Mail (IMAP) - Plusnet, with one email account and two users / computers via aliases, e.g. les@abc.plus.com and gill@abc.plus.com.   At the moment all emails go to both Les's and Gill's computers and if a message is deleted by either of them, it also disappears from the other's computer.   Deletion is the main problem rather than confidentiality.   Ideally they would like messages to appear only on the relevant computer (les@ to Les's computer, etc.), therefore deletion would not be a problem.   Is there a solution to this?   Thanks.   Keith

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Multiple users for one email account

Fix

Welcome to the forums Smiley

Rather then les and gill being aliases for another mailbox make them separate mailboxes. Then les could collect mail from the les mailbox and gill collect mail from the gill mailbox. les deleting a message from the les mailbox would not affect the content of gill's mailbox, and vice versa.

If the les and gill mail boxes were both additional mailboxes their access usernames would be abc+les and abc+gill with the separate passwords set up when the mailboxes were created. If one was the default account it would be accessed with username abc and the account password.

To change mail settings login to the Member Centre and navigate to Email Settings on the left, then click Manage My Mail.

David
KeithS

Re: Multiple users for one email account

Thanks very much.   I had just finished doing and testing what you suggest when your reply arrived.   However I am very happy that you have replied and consequently confirmed that I was doing the right thing.   Thanks again.   Keith