Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple emails

Babi
Dabbler

Re: Multiple emails

The answer is 'yes' to both questions.

I do have a wi-fi 'enhancer' plugged in near to the laptop.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

So the laptop connect via the WiFi ‘enhancer’ and the desktop via the WiFi on the router itself?

Do you notice any other performance issues on the laptop?

What make / model is the WiFi ‘enhancer’? These can add problems rather than fix problems!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Babi
Dabbler

Over the years, the laptop has always connected via wi-fi.  I bought the enhancer Netgear EX-3700 a year ago as the laptop kept dropping out. 

I since learnt that actually the problem was with the ADSL filter which needed replacing,  I still use the Netgear though.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

If the location of your laptop receives a poor signal from your router, locating the ‘enhancer’ there is not likely to be proficient. The ‘enhancer’ needs a good signal from the router to perform at its best.

In spite of the claims made about speed and throughput, the best that the device will do, is not much different to what any other device will do, connected to the router’s WiFi at the location of the ‘enhancer’. You might find the device performs better if you move it away gym the laptop towards the router.

An enhancer does not deliver the same benefits as does a pair of Ethernet over power (dLAN) network extenders (possibly incorporating a WiFi access point).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Babi
Dabbler

Thank you, I'll move it nearer to the router.