Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Addressees email sending

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Multiple Addressees email sending

I want to send an email to about 40 contacts that I have... it`t a kind of newsletter email... all the addressees are in a separate folder. I use THUNDERBIRD , how do I include all the addressees in the folder and send as "one" message... 

Would this be picked up by something somewhere as a "spam" sending, and disrupted, if so, is there a "limit" to the number of addressees which prevents that from happening ?  I do not want it to go into spam folders by the recipients.

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Multiple Addressees email sending

Hey @shutter, if sending from a Plusnet IP address, the hourly recipient limit is 1000 and the per email limit is 200.  Just to note however, if sending from outside the UK, this may differ.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran

@LaurenB  Thanks for the info..... as there are only about 40 addressees, and it will only be a "one off" occasionally, I don`t think I will fall foul of that ruling !...

What I really want to know is how do I get all the 40 addressees in the "To" line...? instead of manually putting them in and being "limited" to about 3 lines of To, with 4 addressess on each line. Is there a way that I can "select" the whole list, and transfer that into the "To..." space, so they all go in ONE transmission of the email.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

If you have these addresses saved as a mailing list in your address book, I believe you should be able to either just type the group name in the 'To' bar, or alternatively select the group name in the address book and then select 'write'.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran

@LaurenB  Thanks for that info....will give it a go... Wink

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@shutter  how to do it here https://www.lifewire.com/send-to-mailing-list-thunderbird-1173120

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.