Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muddled over TB6 set up

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Muddled over TB6 set up

The instructions over on the main site are for TB3. I am setting up TB6, and  the layout of the data to be input is quite different.
Hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me the settings other than the server names and ports. Please Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
15 REPLIES 15
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Muddled over TB6 set up

I thought the TB6 process looked very similar to that shown on the help page for TB3.
Are you seeking the settings for SSL and Authentication?
Incoming SSL should be None, Authentication should be Normal password
Outgoing SSL should be None, Authentication should be No authentication
Username will be the account_name for the default mailbox or account_name+mailbox_name for additional mailboxes
David
Luzern
Hero

Bingo! House! Allelujah! Thanks! Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

Am I missing something! Undecided
It doesn't seem to work for me. See attached screenshot (private data edited out).
spraxyt
Resting Legend

That looks OK assuming "pam" is an additional mailbox (the Member Centre Manage My Mail tool shows it with a dustbin on the right hand side). The Password entry should be the one for that mailbox.
If "pam" is not an additional mailbox ((Default) on the right hand side) or not mentioned at all but Catch all is active then Username would be your account name and Password the account password.
David
Luzern
Hero

Been out all day so haven't tried again yet. Default mailbox is username@username. Accounts have separate boxes. Catchall is ON.
One account and box I created the other day is working OK. Each account has its discrete password. So WTH is happening Undecided
spraxyt
Resting Legend

To check this out I created a new mailbox with its own password, then set up POP3 collection as has been described. Set up worked OK and subsequent collection and sending both work fine.
My settings are shown in the attachment - force9 servers in my case. I selected the existing (default) outgoing SMTP server from the drop-down menu which changed the SMTP line as shown. I think clicking Re-test probably created the account.
David
Luzern
Hero

Well, we are getting there, or NOT. Roll_eyes The settings have created the account, but the password is not verifiable as valid. So the server keeps throwing the account out. Even going in to the PN site and editing the password has no effect.
Either I am losing the plot, or need a new email client! Shame as TB seemed quite flexible.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

In TB6, if you click Tools -> Options, then select the Security menu items and Passwords tab.
Now click Saved Passwords, then Show Passwords and confirm.
Is the password shown against the relevant accountname+mailboxname entry the correct one (can you log into webmail using it)?
David
Luzern
Hero

Thanks, from that I found that somehow the SMTP pword had a user  name added. Now corrected with all mailbox pwords in saved file all seems OK now. Smiley
Ellis
Grafter

A username is sometimes added if, like mine, you have a server which requires separate smtp setup for each user. It took me sometime to work out why I couln't send emails from multiple mailboxes (only the initial one which was set up). After setting up the subsequent mailboxes with their own smtp everything works fine.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear this problem is resolved. Smiley
David
Luzern
Hero

Go to sleep for the dream; wake up for reality! Roll_eyes
The problem is back this morning! Despite all accounts being similarly set up and passwords correctly saved, that one account is still playing up. The password continues to be rejected.
Attached are shots of its settings. Any other suggestions?
Seriously joking , sort of, is it time to find an alternative to TB6?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Ditching TB6 on the strength of this problem is a bit drastic - other email applications have their own quirks.
The incoming account settings you posted seem OK to me. Checking outgoing would also be worthwhile since those settings seemed to be the problem previously.
If you go to the bottom of the Tools -> Account Settings list you accessed before you should find an Outgoing Server (SMTP) line. Click that - is only one entry shown? Are its settings the same as shown in the first attachment, in particular Authentication method: No authentication? (My server is 'relay.force9.net', yours should be 'relay.plus.net'.)
If necessary you can change these by clicking Edit, changing settings as needed (second attachment) then click OK. (Again Server name should be 'relay.plus.net' for you.)
David
Luzern
Hero

Hi! I checked everything again: all OK but did not work. Now the Embarrassed bit!
I looked at POP settings with a magnifier and realised there could be a space between username and +.
Sorry for all the trouble.