cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving website and email hosting

sandytrains
Hooked

Moving website and email hosting

Due to problems with missing emails, DMARC SPF/DKM settings and legacy domain name registration - freenetname then madasafish I want to move my website hosting, email and domain name registration to another hosting company.

Does anyone know exactly what information I would need and the exact procedure to follow and who I should contact  in the PLUSNET organisation to get this information and permissions to be able to  go ahead with the move?

4 REPLIES 4
sandytrains
Hooked

Re: Moving website and email hosting

Sorry should have said Thank you in advance Sandyt...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

MythicBeasts have a good guide here https://www.mythic-beasts.com/support/domains/transfer-no-downtime

Is your domain a .UK one ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sandytrains
Hooked

Thank you for that. Yes my domain registered with Madasafish is .co.uk.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Yes my domain registered with Madasafish is .co.uk.

In that case , your domain is transferred using the IPSTAG method. The usual method is to request the change here and a staff member will pick it up and send the request to the correct dept for action. ( it may take a few days! )

Unfortunately the Plusnet/Madasafish domain control panel has limited facilities to change DNS records. SO you may find that the tarnsfer process needs modifying in that you may have to move the registration first and then change the nameservers. This does give some potential for some service loss whilst the nameserver change propagates.

If you use IMAP to access your email, then dont forget that you will need to consider transfer of existing email to the new hosting service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.