Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Plusnet but keeping personal domain email addresses

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Moving from Plusnet but keeping personal domain email addresses

Looking at some of the other posts it seems I may not be offered much of a deal to renew so have been exploring some of the options of moving to another provider.

My main concern is keeping my own domain based email addresses. Most of the mainstream alternative providers I have looked at do not cater for this or it is at significant extra cost. I am not bothered about and webspace but just need to carry on using the email address for myself and family. My domain is currently hosted by 123reg that seem to offer email hosting from £2.99 but gets expensive if you want more mailboxes.

Can anyone offer any low cost suggestions or other providers that include such a service? Presumably a Plusnet email only account is only for your plusnet email address?

Thanks

PT

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Moving from Plusnet but keeping personal domain email addresses

Zoho https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing.html will provide email hosting of a single domain free ( for now! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RJM
Rising Star

Have a look TSO Hosting:

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I have used them for years and there are very helpful if you have any problems whatsoever.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it also includes any emails to a hosted webspace as the Plusnet email system only looks at the part before the @

For example me@username.plus.com is the effectively  same email as me@mysite.co.uk

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks, so does that mean if I leave everything as is at 123reg then my email will still be received by PN servers? Will I still be able to manage mailboxes and aliases in the same way if I have a PN email only account? If so that would be an ideal solution as my referrals would probably cover the cost of the service. I have seen somewhere that referrals can be applied to an email only service.