cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing or Compromised Plusnet email account

Chris4tk

Missing or Compromised Plusnet email account

Good Evening,

This one might be a little difficult to explain so bear with me...

I have an old Plusnet email account (around 15+ years old), but I have not been a customer of Plusnet broadband for over 10 years.

The email account has continued to work since my account was closed many moons ago, however over the past few days I have been getting login errors advising that my username or password is incorrect. This is both via webmail and via Thunderbird.

As I understand to manage my email account / change the password, I would need to login to my main Plusnet broadband account. However when I last checked around a year ago it appeared that my main broadband account had been deleted, most likely due to not being a customer for over a decade.

This leads me to believe that my email account has either, finally been deleted, or that my email has been compromised somehow.

Does that make sense? Am in the right place? If so what details do you require?

Kind regards

Chris

1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Missing or Compromised Plusnet email account

Hi @Chris4tk, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having email issues as of recent. Unfortunately when looking for what email you had with us we are unable to locate it. If you could please drop me a private message with the email address you had with us and also the username or address from the account this was set up through then we'll happily look into this further for you.