Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated away, but requested to keep email. Sadly told this is "not possible"

zubel
Community Veteran

Migrated away, but requested to keep email. Sadly told this is "not possible"

Morning delightful Community peeps

I recently cancelled one of my Plusnet accounts, but requested to keep the email.  As the cancellation date was a little while in advance, I was told to contact support closer to the actual cancellation to request this.

When contacting them less than a month ago, I was told it would be fine.

Line was actually cancelled in the last couple of days, and lo and behold email has been stopped too.  

Upon calling Plusnet, I've been told that "we no longer do this"?

Any chance a staffer could take a look?   xoxoxox

Cheers

B.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Migrated away, but requested to keep email. Sadly told this is "not possible"

@zubel 

I assume that by ‘closer to the cancellation’ assumed a short time before the account was cancelled, not after. If you rang before the service was cancelled you would have been told and you could have made other arrangements.. This change of policy has started during the last month.

We shall have to wait to see if a staffer can help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Migrated away, but requested to keep email. Sadly told this is "not possible"

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @zubel,

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. Having listened to your cancellation call, as you'd made the request before the 22nd April when we stopped providing new email only accounts and the agent explained you could keep your emails, I've raised a NetOps task now to reactivate them for you. The task should be picked up within 3 working days.

Once that's been done, you'll need to go to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to rebuild your mailboxes/settings you had. If you can then let me know afterwards, I'll get any mail restored, which was in your mailbox at the time of cancellation. 

P.S. Welcome back to the Community (We don't know each other, but I've seen your name around in the Mods Lounge!)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zubel
Community Veteran

Thanks @Gandalf , much appreciated Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @zubel

We've reactivated your account now. Could you head on over to manage my mail and let me know once you've recreated your email addresses and settings? I'll then ask NetOps to do the magic to restore your mail for you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zubel
Community Veteran

Hey @Gandalf 

I think it should be good to restore the mailboxes now.

Thanks for your help

Barry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Barry,

I've taken a look and can see the default mailbox should already be restored. Looks like you didn't have any additional mailboxes, but you did have a few aliases you should be able to resetup at Manage My Email.

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further help. Smiley

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zubel
Community Veteran

I've turned on catchall, so the aliases are less important.

However, thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

Cheers!

Barry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. That'll also work, and no problem at all Barry! Smiley

Feel free to let me know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with.

Also, we've restored your Community Veteran forum rank. And now some background...

When we moved across to these 'new' forums in 2016, a whole lot of new ranks came with it that are based on the number of posts following then, but to recognise contributions from the era long ago, we manually assigned the longest standing members a Community Veteran rank.

As a side effect of a wee mistake last month, everybody got downgraded to one particular rank, but when we fixed the problem, the system was only able to allocate the right ranks based on the posts after 2016, so we're putting things right. 

Cheers

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet