cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet email account problems

randpwar
Grafter

Metronet email account problems

I’ve had major problems trying to access and use our Metronet email account for a couple of weeks and have contacted the CSC several times to try to find a solution. We have broadband through Plusnet but pay for, and constantly use, a Metronet email account. The Call Centre assistant told me that the email account had been dismantled by support staff as they believed it is not used as of course we are entitled to use Plusnet email accounts (and indeed we do use them). I am able to access the Metronet account and perform actions such as viewing and deleting mail, however, I am thrown out with a ‘Username or password not correct’ error message after about every 3rd action. This is making the account almost unusable. I also cannot access my mail from my ipod as it gives a ‘Imap.metronet.co.uk is not responding’ error message
The CSC helpfully opened a ticket (35849598), however, I am unable to find it in the Member Centre. Would you please do whatever it takes to return my email account to its previous working state. 
King regards
Rob
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Metronet email account problems

Hi randpwar,
The ticket you raised was on your plusnet account. I have had a brief look at your metronet email and I can't see nothing obvious. This would need to be looked into more so I would suggest raising the question through your metronet account.
Jojo Smiley
randpwar
Grafter

Re: Metronet email account problems

Thanks Jojo
I am, however, a little surprised that you can see no issues with my Metronet email account as I have raised ticket no. 36014939 and received a response from a very helpful CSC Analyst who says “As per our conversation i let you know that you are in fact plagued by task 63857. This task is open at the moment to fix the web mail authentication issues.” News of when my email account will become more usable would be greatly appreciated
Kind Regards
Rob