Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet account problems

FIXED
1974chrisb
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Metronet account problems

Is anyone having any problems with metronet.co.uk email accounts? I stopped receiving emails on my phone yesterday and have tried to log in to webmail today and just get 'login failed' message.  Any ideas?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Metronet account problems

Hi there,

You can see what's happened by logging in to your Metronet account here: https://portal.metronet.co.uk/my.html?action=questions

This should advise of the way forward to get back in to your emails too. 

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
1974chrisb
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.  I had a look at the link about Metronet closure but not sure how to log in to this site as I made the transfer to Plusnet years ago and don't think my metronet account is open.  I agreed at the time that I could keep my metronet email address so would not be unduly concerned if I read this message, however if this is the case it is very disappointing that the email address has just been stopped with no warning!  I would have no reason to access the metronet site and assumed it had stopped being updated ages ago. My wife's address which is also associated with my Plusnet account is still live today but mine has been dead since Tuesday. I tried to phone support but after being on hold for ages, had to give up.  They are now closed so will have to try again tomorrow. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm a little confused, I've not sent you to anywhere about the Metronet closure. If you log in to the Metronet website and then click the link I provided and scroll to the questions/tickets we've sent you, this will advise of the exact reason you're unable to log in to your Metronet mail.

Just to clarify, your Metronet account is not closed and if you follow the instructions on the link provided and the question/ticket we sent you which is also shown on that link, you'll have access back to them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
1974chrisb
Hooked

Ah i see.  The link needs me to login to see it.  The top 2/3 of the login page relates to Metronet closure with the log in section in the bottom 1/3 hence my confusion.

Unfortunately I have no idea what my log in details are for the metronet member centre as i haven't used it for years since I was asked (told) to switch to a Plusnet account.  I clearly can't follow the password recovery procedure as my email doesn't work! Can you send a link via the Plusnet member centre? If not, please advise how best to proceed. 

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If you can't reset it online I'd recommend calling in.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
1974chrisb
Hooked

Fix

Thanks...all sorted now.