cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deletion of emails WARNING

EricJones

Mass deletion of emails WARNING

This message is a warning concerning Plusnet policy of deleteing emails when a mail box goes over 1gb.  I have fallen foul of Plusnet mailbox policy.  I allowed my mailbox with 5 sub accounts to over 1gb, I had been warned and I was reducing their size.  Then without warning 500mb of data from my main mailbox was deleted,   This data contains my holiday, flight and travel details and many other important correspondence.  I thought I would be safe when I switched to IMAP.   What has then followed is an appalling tale of poor customs service.  On discovering the cull of my mailbox. I contacted Plusnet via chat as waiting on telephone for over 45 mins was not an option.   I have been passed from pillar to post and from advisor to advisor - all of whom are unable to restore my emails so that I can recover data.   I have been promised between 36 and 72 hrs and them 30 mins.  All these times have elapsed.  What is gauling is that they didn't just trim the account to get below 1gb which would have required removal of approx 50mb of data, they destroyed 500mb!!   Nobody can explain why, I have a formal complient logged, no one has answered.

I have been a loyal customer since the original force9 days on dail-up, it is shocking service and regreatably it is now time to move.  So anyone reading this with a large mailbox, back it up now.

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Mass deletion of emails WARNING

This seems to have happened to  few people, but there did seem to be a way around it if @bobpullen got involved.

EricJones

Thank you, I guess  we will see if Bob passe by, 

Thanks, Eric

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Eric,

I can see that your mail should have been restored this morning.

I had been warned and I was reducing their size.  Then without warning 500mb of data from my main mailbox was deleted

We had been emailing you weekly going back to the 20th December asking you to reduce the size to below 1GB, as this hadn't happened within 5 weeks of the first email and after the subsequent messages we took the step to archive your email. When we archived this we don't selectively archive emails, we would archive a fill mailbox which I believe we advised on the latest mail about this.

I'm sorry that the unarchiving didn't go as smoothly as it should, however we did provide plenty of notice that your mail would be archived.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
EricJones

Hi Chris, thanks you for your reply, your right I was given notice to reduce my mailbox and told my Uni based children to trim their accounts, likewise I started to sort my mailbox.  That was not the issue, surely Plusnet could give a 24 hr warning.  Emails were deleted from one mailbox and the amount of data removed was enourmous, the account was not trimed, it was culled.  The issue is the truly awful customer service and what was essentially passing the buck.  I have learnt my lesson the hard way, my experience can serve as a warning to others.

rgds Eric