cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deleted emails. Any way to restore?

JunoMan

Mass deleted emails. Any way to restore?

I've had my plus.net account for a long time and since using IMAP rather than POP my emails never got downloaded. Typically I read the emails on touch devices and occasionally download them onto my main pc. 

Having searched the community posts I find that since I was over the 1gig mailbox size the whole lot must have been deleted in January.

I rarely check the account email as we have emails for each family member, but even when I looked there was no warning emails.

So important things like payslips and such have gone since ipads,etc devices only keep the last month or so on the device. Given the opportunity I would have gone through the labouriously slow process of deleting the emails.

Is there any way I can get the emails restored so I can download the mailbox and move to a different email address.

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
cassuki
Rising Star

Re: Mass deleted emails. Any way to restore?

My understanding is that they are archived for 30 days before being deleted so if it was January when they were removed, they are probably gone for good.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Mass deleted emails. Any way to restore?

@bobpullen,

If anyone knows if there's any chance of a rescue here, it's Bob.... ?.

@JunoMan,

Warning emails are sent to the default email box and to the contact email address in your user / account details.  You usually see at least 3 emails before action is taken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.