Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining email after leaving PN?

FIXED
paulh
Rising Star

Maintaining email after leaving PN?

What's the score these days with holding onto PN email addresses after leaving PN?

I'm in a position where I might have to drop off broadband for a while at least (because unforeseen circs), but I have multiple different  PN email addresses registered with all sorts of organisations (using different prefixes).

It would be a pain, if not nearly impossible, to track them all down and change them.

Is there a way I can hold onto my @/accountname.plus.com mail domain ?

(about a million years ago you were able to hold onto it via dialup only but it's soon going to be 2020 🤣)

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Maintaining email after leaving PN?

Fix

Hi @paulh I’m sorry to see you’re looking to leave. It is possible to retain your email addresses although we’d need to allow your account to cancel down first as this destroys all the chargeable components stopping the billing as we provide all email, legacy domain and legacy webspace services free of charge.

(I believe we stopped offering domains and webspace to anyone who signed up after Dec 2017)

Once that’s happened we can then raise a task to our NetOps team to reactivate your account making it mail only. You’ll then need to recreate any mailboxes, aliases, catch all as they were before by going to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email

I’d actually recommend making a note beforehand of what mailboxes etc you currently have configured at Manage My Mail so you can easily re-setup them back up. 

Your email will then be as it was at the point of cancellation although any mail sent to you in the interim would’ve bounced back. 

The only downtime you’ll have is the time between your account being cancelled and you recreating the mailboxes which includes us reactivating your account. If you can post back and/or drop me a PM I can get your account reactivated fairly quickly, normally within 1 working day. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulh
Rising Star

Thanks Anoush, that's exactly what I need to know, I think.

to be clear, leaving isn't something I'm looking to do, it's a situation that might have to happen because of personal circs.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @paulh If you do have to leave, at least you’ll still be with us for email. Smiley

(Once you’ve joined us there’s no leaving. Cheesy Disclaimer: Not accurate or factual)

Let us know if you do have any further queries or decide to go ahead with this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulh
Rising Star

Hi anoush --

It's actually turned out I'm staying with PN but starting a new contract as if I were a new customer.

The cease on my current line was 16th March and the target date for my new line provision is 20th March,

can the mail account be switched over to the new one? 

What needs to happen next in whatever way? Do I need to raise a ticket ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @paulh 

Cool, I've checked this for you and I can see we're progressing this as a house move keeping your account the same, so your email service should remain intact and we'll update your account details to your new address once it's completed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulh
Rising Star

Thanks very much indeed for checking for me, Anoush

I've just been over to the new place and there's no  dialtone yet, so let's hope it's up by end of play today

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Paul and aye hopefully it all goes to plan today.

I'll check back tomorrow on the progress (Depending on the current infection situation)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet