Did you mean: 

Mailtore over size - process time line

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mailtore over size - process time line

Ref 159119669

One of my referrals is all too often over his storage allowance due to naïve use of email for moving photos from iPhone to computer.  On Wednesday yet again he got a warning for using 1.3GB of storage...

...however on Tuesday I sat with him and culled his mail box sizes down to circa 200MB.

So how long before the warning emails are sent out is the utilisation report produced?  It certainly seems that there must be quite a gap / delay between the two events ... sufficient to cause user confusion and irritation ... where remedial action has actually been performed during that gap.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Mailtore over size - process time line

@Townman wrote:

So how long before the warning emails are sent out is the utilisation report produced?  It certainly seems that there must be quite a gap / delay between the two events

I recalled that it's run weekly, but I've asked a colleague about this and I've been advised that these days, the mailbox size is checked within a few minutes prior to the warning email being sent.

@Townman wrote:

...however on Tuesday I sat with him and culled his mail box sizes down to circa 200MB.

Might sound like a silly question, but after deleting the emails, did you empty the deleted items folder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Mailtore over size - process time line

Yes - been caught out with that one before. I checked the folder sizes using webmail as he was moving emails in windows mail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.