cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes no longer available, it seems.

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Mailboxes no longer available, it seems.

Am I just having a senior moment or has Plusnet removed the mailbox facility ?  I used to have several mailboxes linked to my email account.  When I went to the Member Centre on the Plusnet website, you could add mailboxes.  But now I cannot even find the Member Centre any more, nor can I find the mailbox facility, nor several of the other facilities that there used to be. Is this just change for the sake of change again, or am I losing the plot  ?

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Mailboxes no longer available, it seems.

The layout was shuffled around when the new billing system was introduced at the beginning of September but the Member Centre is still there along with Manage My Mail for managing mailboxes

If you start at the Plusnet website https://www.plus.net, go to My Account and choose Broadband, Phone and TV you are taken to the Member Centre login page https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login. Once logged in Manage Account provides text and links to account management operations  with Manage My Mail linked on the right.

David
shermans
Pro

Thanks that's helpful.  I have found it now.

So indeed it is change for the sake of change !  I wonder what that cost to do ?

My next concern, however, is that the "forwarders" from my domain are not reaching my Plusnet mailbox for some reason.  I have not changed them for any reason and they have been active for years, but now suddenly, correspondents are getting failure notices along the lines of :

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

******@******.plus.com
    (generated from *******@******.uk)
    host mx.avasin.plus.net [212.159.9.200]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<SRS0=YNWYkVCIse=OT=rGZK2nCFPeFEDJwf@shermans.uk> SIZE=9823:
    550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <srs0=ynwykvcise=ot=rgzk2ncfpefedjwf@******.uk> does not exist"

Of course, it could be a fault with my domain host company, but I do not know how to find out !  I can imagine a lot of two directional finger pointing !

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet are aware of the non-existent domain problem reports you are seeing but it's taking a long time to identify the cause and fix it.

When you have some time to spare you could have a read of topic https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/False-rejection-of-valid-sender-domain/m-p/1492200#M21693. The problem affects both incoming and outgoing messages and despite being stated as a "permanent error" it isn't; trying again after a few minutes often works, but that is less easy for you to arrange with incoming messages.

David
djskrapi

Hi sherman, I need your help if possible. Is there a way we could get in touch out of this forum?

I can give you my email? Thanks

shermans
Pro

You can send me a private message (P.M.) through the forum. That is the easiest. 

djskrapi

Not a clue how  to do it sorry, can you pm me through here maybe?