Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox size alert email addressed to previous partner

Grff
Grafter

Mailbox size alert email addressed to previous partner

Hi,
I’ve received an email saying my mailbox is reaching its limit, but it’s got the name and username of my previous partner in it, although it’s sent to my email address.
I’ve checked my email settings and can’t see any email mailbox, alias, redirects on my account for this person.
Has anyone had this before?

I’d send a ticket, but I can’t for the life of me find any page on plusnet for sending a ticket. Have they removed this option in favour of “send us a message on Twitter or call us”.
8 REPLIES 8
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Mailbox size alert email addressed to previous partner

Hi @Grff 

Presume it is your account you used to set up your previous partners email, have you changed computers if not can you reinstate that email address on the original computer,

Reason I ask this is that I had the same problem with my daughters email, she was still getting them but we had changed computers. I tried her old computer and luckily it still functioned after almost a year, opened outlook and all emails came through some over a year old, now set her new computer to delete from server as soon as she has downloaded them and had no problems since.

Grff
Grafter

The odd bit is, it’s coming through to my main mailbox, not another email address, it’s just got her username and full name in the email content.
mort7890
Pro

So are you the account holder then?? by main mailbox do you mean postmaster.

Grff
Grafter

Yes, I’m the main account holder, and it’s in my name. By main mailbox I mean all emails come to my account holder single mailbox.
mort7890
Pro

Have you gone to your account on the portal and into your email settings to delete that email address or are you still allowing them to have that email address.

Grff
Grafter

There aren’t any extra email addresses, and the email came to my address, but with her name in it.
mort7890
Pro

Do you know the email address and password if so add it as a new one to your email client and download the emails.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Check the contact email address in the account details via the user portal.

FUP warning emails are sent to the default mailbox and the contact email address on the account.  Both need to be proactively monitored.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.