Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox archived / deleted

Jonc81
Hooked

Mailbox archived / deleted

Hi,

Some if my mailboxes appear to have been archived / deleted.

I think I may have missed some of the FUP emails and thought I have more space that I did.

please it be possible for the to be unarchived so I can clear them down to with FUP limits and continue to use them please

Thanks

Jon

15 REPLIES 15
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Mailbox archived / deleted

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonc81
Hooked

Is someone from Plusnet able to assist me with this please?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I have chased the escalation again!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Toni
Hooked

I had this problem and Plus Net sadly were awful dealing with it.  I had been having lots of emails saying my email was nearly full and I needed to remove some.  I phoned to confirm it wasn't a spam email and asked how to remove emails, ie from Webmail or Outlook.  I was told both but when I asked where from they were really fluffy with any info, they couldn't seem to pin point it.

I kept deleting emails (loads) and one day last week or week before suddenly every single one of my emails disappeared including the sub folders.  I've spent hours on this, on the phone with Plus net who said it would take between 5 and 7 working days to reinstate.  They could see I had been asking for help (more than once).  I had no warning email to say they were being archived that day.    I had two questions opened on this by different people.  I had to keep on and on posting on the question where a manager was going to contact me.  I was totally ignored for days and days.

Finally a manager contacted me days after I was promised a call.  He had no reason at all why I did not get a warning.  

He said they would be reinstated and that he agreed I would get help on where they could tell me were the most emails I needed to remove.  

Unfortunately they reinstated all the hundreds of emails I had removed over the last few months as well and guess what, I had another email saying my email box was too full and I needed to delete some.   I have again asked on the open question for some help and again I am being totally ignored.  

I've had enough of Plus Net after over a decade of being with them, the customer service used to be top notch and I used to recommend them.    

You can ring them but good luck with that, I spent ages just hanging on for various different people.   

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No warning email...

You get a stream of weekly emails having exceeded 75%. Having exceeded 100% you get two notices that your mailbox will be archived if you take no action in the next 7 days. If a user not acted upon them there’s little point sending yet another email advising that the deed will be done.

The restoration process could be better, though it could be argued that the pain of restoration is good encouragement to not go there in the first place.

The restoration should have put the mailbox as it was before being archived. What help are you needing now?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Jonc81 

The escalation advised that Plusnet has not archived the mailboxes, though you did get 75%+ warnings in March.  Is the Plusnet user account associated with this forum the one in question?

Have you set up a POP3 client somewhere which has emptied the mailbox?

Toni
Hooked

Hi Townman

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately I never did receive the two notices which was my issue.   I was told by the manager I was dealing with that someone would be able to let me know which of the folders contained the most emails that needed deleting.  I had deleted loads and loads that there were not a great deal left so I was confused as to what I could delete.  I had less emails that I could see than I had ever had so before they emails were returned the manager said someone would help me and point me in the right direction.   I've never had that help and have asked. 

However they did not return my emails to how they were when archived, they gave me a load more include subfolders that I had deleted so I am back to square one with far too many emails which I had already deleted. 

Its been an absolute shambles.  No idea what has happened to their customer care over the last 5 years or so.  I have now moved from Plus Net and am waiting for the change over in a couple of weeks. 

I do appreciate your reply   

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Did you received 75%+ warnings?

Is this a mailbox which was in regular use?

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Toni
Hooked

Hi Townman

I did indeed.  I received quite a few of the 75% ones but no others.  After the first one I phoned and asked if it was a real email from Plus net as it doesn't look very official and they confirmed it was.  I asked whether I needed to delete from webmail or outlook (as I use outlook) and was told both.   I then spent ages deleting emails from both.  

I got another few emails so I kept deleting what I could.  it got ridiculous as I had less emails in my outlook and on webmail than ever before, in years in fact, yet still kept receiving emails.   I rang a few times asking for help but it was never really helpful at all.  

I didn't receive any 100% emails and had no idea my emails would be archived.  It was a complete shock.    It was at that point the manager I was speaking to said they could help me identify where the excess emails were and I've never heard since yet I've asked on the ticket/question they set up a few times.  I've now given up.  Sadly useless these days.  its such a shame, they used to be absolutely superb

This is my main email address 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I escalated your case and was advised that the process which sends out the 75%+ warmings is the same as that which sends out the two 100%+ notices and there is an interlock on archiving to ensure proper comminution was made.  It is possible that said communications were sent to the junk folder by your email or AV software.

The feedback also suggested that the call to support was made on the occasion of the first 100%+ utilisation email.

Jonc81
Hooked

@Townman 

Thanks for chasing this up.

So I have a number of sub folders off my inbox, my issue is that approx 2/3rds of the folders and their contents have been removed.

Reading the help pages / forum I presumed it was this problem as I got the 75% FUP but nothing after that but I could be wrong. 

I have IMAP set up on a number of devices and all have the same problem and this is also mirrored when I log into Webmail. 🤷🏼

My user account is  [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

IMAP clients (including webmail) all look at the same email store.

Jonc81
Hooked

I thought that would be the case but unfortunately doesn’t explain where the folders and emails have gone 🤷🏼

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Jonc81 

The feedback from the escalation is that there is no record of an archive on the user account which is associated with this forum name.  Is the name on the forum account that of the missing emails?