Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox archived / deleted

FIXED
nelly111s
Dabbler

Mailbox archived / deleted

My daughter's mailbox has been deleted (I have 4, one for each family member). I can't get through to any customer support by any means (chat, email, phone, semaphore, telepathy), so please can someone on here unarchive the mailbox so she can reduce the size of it to avoid it being deleted again?

Thanks 

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Mailbox archived / deleted

Hi,

Have you been in receipt of email FUP warning emails?  These are sent from when the total usage of the account's email allocation (1GB) exceeds 75%.  Depending on how the mail accounts are being used, this typically gives at least 4 week's notice before action might be taken.  That said the (bad) habit of using email to share photo graphs can be a real killer of email storage space.  The warning emails are sent to the postmaster@ mailbox - do you monitor it?

Alternatively, has that mailbox which has been archived not been accessed for an extended period?  Emails for this scenario are only sent to the mailbox … which has not been accessed for the interval.

The above scenarios have different investigation routes, so it will help staff respond more quickly if you can indicate which applies please..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nelly111s
Dabbler

I have been in receipt of warning emails. Not sure what FUP is. Normally I delete email, but I was stranded on holiday with no access to a computer. The four mailboxes I have are all accessed regularly, but 250MB per person doesn't go very far ...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

FUP = Fair Usage Policy - for email storage that’s 1GB which users can use as they choose across one or multiple mailboxes.

250MB very much depends on how you use it.  Back in my corporate days we had 100MB email storage limits, so 1GB seems generous, but we were disciplined in defeating junk and archiving old stuff.  Also we were not attempting to share hires photos over email, for which there are better options.

@Gandalf  @EmilyD  any chance of a catch here for the restoration please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nelly111s
Dabbler

I remember using email in the late 80's on a VAX system. There weren't digital photos to share!

nelly111s
Dabbler

Can anyone from Plusnet please help. I'm getting very worried that my daughter's email will not be restored before the 30 days is up.

The rest of the family have been on an email purge too - does anyone know how I can get a report of the current size of all 4 of my mailboxes (similar to the warning emails)?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Tags (1)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the delayed response here @nelly111s I've submitted a request to unarchive the mailboxes on your account and would expect this to have processed within the next couple of hours.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nelly111s
Dabbler

Harry,

Thanks for submitting the request. It's still not been processed, but since it's a Bank Holiday, I'll leave it until tomorrow to check again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

If you've still not got the archived mail back, please could you drop me a PM confirming the specific mailbox that has not been restore, and I'll have a look in to this further.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nelly111s
Dabbler

Thanks - it got restored overnight I think. My daughter is now pruning her mailbox!