Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox and emails

FIXED
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Mailbox and emails

Hi, Could someone advise , I set up 3 new Mailboxes to replace 3 old Tiscali emails I want to get rid of, I set 3 mailboxes up last night with names and passwords but no luck today , I think I must be doing something wrong.

I click on add mailbox then enter the name I want then a new Password and click add, should I have made new email address first possibly that why it doesn't appear to be working for me, I have one default mailbox and 3 others.which I set up quite a while ago.

Thanks in advance

jono

14 REPLIES 14
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Mailbox and emails

Hi @jono 

Looking at your account, I can see the mailboxes - they appear to be set up correctly. 

Can you try sending an email top one of them and let us know if it appears? 

Thanks, 

MoR

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Thanks for replying , I looked at my mailboxes and cannot see the new ones I set up yesterday but tried sending and email and got this message

550 Invalid Recipient 

I've left the email address out by the way with it being a public forum, In the summery I have 4 mailboxes and 3 alias, Is There a limit to the amount of mailboxes I can have?

I tried again this morning before posting on the forum but it has not appeared yet, I set up new mailboxes some time ago and had no bother.

regards

jono

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@jono - that's somewhat strange. 

Can I be a pain and ask you to try and replicate the issue by remaking the mailboxes? (Sorry but it's the best place to start). 

Thanks, 

MoR

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi yes I will now, I will only do one to see if it works

jono

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @jono

Let us know how it goes. 

- MoR 

jono
Aspiring Pro

hi just done it, went as usual but no sign of it but it does take 30 mins I think

jono

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

OK @jono 

Looking at the Mailbox component on the account, I can see the default mailbox plus 3 additional ones. 

Give it 30 minutes and see if you then notice anything additional. 

Thanks, 

MoR

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Should I have made an email address first ?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jono 

I am really sorry, I completely brushed over that part. Thinking about it again - that might be the way to go. if you create an email address on your account if you have not yet done so then you can add mailboxes to it. 

Having said this, creating the email does create a default mailbox. 

When you go through the wizard on the member centre, it should ask you if you want to create a mailbox or an alias/redirect etc and sets you on the right path to do this. 

if it doesn't work again then we may need to get out Net Admin team involved to see why its not creating. 

Thanks, 

MoR

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, I cant remember having this bother when I set up the three mailboxes you see with the default one but it was quite a while ago, I will try one now and hopefully that will work.I'll post back to let you know if things have worked.

thanks

Jono

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi The First one went through , I set up an Email then it took me to another section which asked if I wanted to have a separate Mailbox for that account which is what I wanted.

I'm going to do the other two before it drains from my brain, Thanks again for all your help, would you like me to post back and then select cured

Regards

Jono

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @jono, thanks for getting back to us.

We'd definitely appreciate it, as it'll show other users if the fix for this issue has been found.

If you get into any more difficulty with the mailboxes please let us know.

jono
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Hello, I've done all three and all went well, just a matter of setting email address first then follow instructions.

all the Best

jono

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for letting us all know @jono., we're pleased that the issue is resolved and to have the solution to this issue available to help others.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance at all, we're only a click away. -Owen