cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being received

karencraig
Hooked

Re: Mail not being received

Thank you. I'll look at doing that GhostDragon.

Re payments from You Gov, glad you are getting your payments, and to confirm I would say its more an issue with your emails not coming through than You Gov stopping surveys near the 5000.  I've been a member for ages, and have had a few payouts all with no issue. 

I've also just logged onto my account, and there are 4 surveys waiting for me!

Shame Plusnet arent replying to this thread.  I went with Plusnet because of their good customer service. Dont know what's happened over the last year. 

GhostDragon
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.  No, I gathered there was a problem with the YouGov surveys getting through, probably being a bit sarcastic about being so close to the 5000 points!!!!  Couldn't resist it!!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Have those who have experienced this issue asked Yougov to reset their accounts since Jono reported that a change had been made?

For diagnositic purposes I’ve signed up using my Plusnet hosted email using my domain name email address. I’m receiving daily emails from them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Townman wrote:
Have those who have experienced this issue asked Yougov to reset their accounts since Jono reported that a change had been made?

Twice, or at least my partner did. Each time there were regular survey request emails appearing in her inbox for a few days before they stopped.

Whilst @JonoH reported that a change had been made, he also said it had not solved the problem. That was 8 days ago and he has not provided an update since - perhaps he's on holiday?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

He is.
I must have missed his statement that the “fix” has not made a difference.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maranello
Pro

Post #94 

That being said we've been working with YouGov our end to try to get this resolved as soon as possible, regardless of who's fault it is and our first test wasn't successful so we're looking again at the problem and will update you as soon as we're able.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hiya,

Sorry about the lateness of the reply, have been off on holiday.

I've asked for an update from our incident management team, and will let you know when I get it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
maranello
Pro

Another week gone by, and the lack of any information relating to this supposedly live incident is disappointing to say the least. 

There are quite a number of apparently similar and unresolved issues reported in the Email board, do these offer any clues if specific evidence from YouGov is inconclusive?

If you could share some of the evidence from YouGov, such as suitably related return message headers, with some of the extremely knowledgeable forum users, maybe this would help resolve the issues.

JonoH
Hero

There's really no update to give other than,

• We've think we've narrowed down the cause of this
  • We're looking to schedule this work

We don't have a time frame yet for this work because we're a few days away from the biggest roll out in Plusnet history and so all hands are at work trying to make sure that it launches as smoothly as possible.

Jono H
karencraig
Hooked

Appreciate things may be busy at the moment, but I joined plusnet because it was a company that looked after its existing customers. This isnt the first issue I've had with Plusnet this last year which have taken months to be resolved. the last incident was lack of internet for over 3 months.

Getting through to customer services  is a major hurdle. In this case I've resorted to the forum.

Shame that the customer serivce you used to provide is not what it is. Should there even be a big roll out, if you arent supporting the customers you currently have, to the standard we are used to?

maranello
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

the biggest roll out in Plusnet history

I'm not sure whether to be excited or prepare for the worst.

Let me guess - new billing system that allows a customer to change billing date? 

Because Talktalk already have this, its a bigger priority for Plusnet than fixing email for current customers

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@maranello wrote:

Let me guess - new billing system that allows a customer to change billing date?

You could be right about the roll out - see New Invoice Changes; the FAQ mentioned in that post lists what's changing.

David
JonoH
Hero

@karencraig wrote:

This isnt the first issue I've had with Plusnet this last year which have taken months to be resolved. the last incident was lack of internet for over 3 months.

Hi, I'm really sorry you've had some issues, if they're not resolved please PM me so that we don't take this thread off topic and I'll look into it for you however if it's taken 3 months already it may be that some serious engineering work is needed and if that is the case all I'll be able to do is update you and attempt to escalate it.

Shame that the customer serivce you used to provide is not what it is. Should there even be a big roll out, if you arent supporting the customers you currently have, to the standard we are used to?

I agree, we're miles away from where we need to be and even when we do get new bodies it takes a lot of time to get them to the standard where we're happy with them. We are working on it and we show here  an update on our progress every quarter but here is a quick graph that shows we're moving in the right direction.

WaitTimes.png

@maranello wrote:

@JonoH wrote:the biggest roll out in Plusnet history

I'm not sure whether to be excited or prepare for the worst

I'm excited and a little scared but either way it's coming.

It is indeed the first phase of the new billing engine.

Because Talktalk already have this, its a bigger priority for Plusnet than fixing email for current customers

I'm not sure on the state of Talktalk's billing engine and it's not even a factor in the prioritisation of this work. When launching huge changes to live systems its best practice to do them in isolation heres a few reasons why.

• Limits the potential for things to go wrong.
  • If something does go wrong we can deploy more resource to its resolution rather than splitting them between two projects
  • If something goes wrong with a different system and we've only changed one thing we have a better idea of where to look.

This project has taken years for us to get to this stage and we're frankly not going to pull it because some emails sent by a 3rd party survey company aren't being received, especially when the vast majority of emails from elsewhere are not experiencing issues at all.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

@karencraig wrote:

This isnt the first issue I've had with Plusnet this last year which have taken months to be resolved. the last incident was lack of internet for over 3 months.

Hi, I'm really sorry you've had some issues, if they're not resolved please PM me so that we don't take this thread off topic and I'll look into it for you however if it's taken 3 months already it may be that some serious engineering work is needed and if that is the case all I'll be able to do is update you and attempt to escalate it.

I agree, we're miles away from where we need to be and even when we do get new bodies it takes a lot of time to get them to the standard where we're happy with them. We are working on it and we show here  an update on our progress every quarter but here is a quick graph that shows we're moving in the right direction.

WaitTimes.png

@maranello wrote:

@JonoH wrote:the biggest roll out in Plusnet history

I'm not sure whether to be excited or prepare for the worst

I'm excited and a little scared but either way it's coming.

I'm not sure on the state of Talktalk's billing engine and it's not even a factor in the prioritisation of this work. When launching huge changes to live systems its best practice to do them in isolation heres a few reasons why.

• If something does go wrong we can deploy more resource to its resolution rather than splitting them between two projects
  • If something goes wrong with a different system and we've only changed one thing we have a better idea of where to look.

This project has taken years for us to get to this stage and we're frankly not going to pull it because some emails sent by a 3rd party survey company aren't being received, especially when the vast majority of emails from elsewhere are not experiencing issues at all.

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

When launching huge changes to live systems its best practice to do them in isolation heres a few reasons why.

All of the above suggests that resolution of this issue is going to be on a back burner for quite some time. I fully accept the reasons for prioritising a major roll-out. Plusnet obviously do not have the resources to develop and improve their email provision, even though its resilience has in the past been shown to be sadly lacking. You only have to look at the Email Board  for evidence of long-running and unresolved threads.

Unfortunately the original problem we have had since the start of this thread affecting a lot more than one 3rd party survey company has become focussed on YouGov only. I was hoping that by working together with YouGov, Plusnet would be able to implement a fix that would have wider reaching impact for some of the organisations mentioned in the early posts for which similar issues were apparent. 

With this in mind I think I will follow advice and gradually move away from using Plusnet as my main email provider.