Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being received

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Yougov Email Blocked

Thanks guys, I've raised this with our Incident Management Team to find out what's going on. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@JonoH

Thanks for keeping tabs on this.

Can I ask that the investigations are not limited to YouGov, as the underlying cause could also be a factor for emails from other organisations for which I have previously reported similar issues.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
JonoH
Hero

If we can learn anything from this it will be applied to everything, we're waiting to hear back from YouGov to find out what error message if any they're getting.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

Quick update we've heard from YouGov and we're waiting for them to forward us some information that we can use to help diagnose the problem.

Jono H
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I think anyone who are not getting e-mails they are expecting should say something like to the company:

"Thanks for your help, I have contacted my ISP and e-mail provider PlusNet who we are working with and are aware of the issue. Do you receive any bounceback e-mails when sending e-mails to me or nothing at all".

Bouncebacks ideally would be better and if they do ask if they would be kind enough to send them to you to pass onto a PlusNet staff member via PM.

EDIT: Forgot to mention you'd need the full e-mail headers too.

JonoH
Hero

We've just received the headers from YouGov so we'll be analysing them shortly and trying to find the problem.

Jono H
TootieFrootie
Grafter

I want to say (at this stage) what a breath of fresh air it is for people to come together so quickly trying to get this sorted. I didn't expect such a response when I submitted a new thread re Yougov emails. Being a newbie to the forums (though admittedly I've been with Plusnet for many years) I really appreciate everyone's assistance and input. I've thankfully only had a few small issues or queries over the years that have normally been fixed by raising a fault ticket. Even if this doesn't get sorted anytime soon just want to say thanks up front to everyone who has contributed so far or is actively working on resolving this issue. 

Incidentally, I've also now received an official communication from Yougov about this issue (the same one that @Tigger posted a few comments back. 

chalbury
Grafter

I was trying to set up a reminder for my MOT. If I used a gmail address, an email was sent to me via Plusnet to say that the reminder has been set up. I tried again using Plusnet address and it didn't work - no acknowledgement at all.

maranello
Pro

@JonoH

Is there any update on this issue?

@chalbury

I assume you registered for your reminders on the Gov.uk site, not YouGov which is a completely different organisation. However, this could be another example of the same issue, perhaps?

chalbury
Grafter

Yep, I used the Gov.uk site

maranello
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

We've just received the headers from YouGov so we'll be analysing them shortly and trying to find the problem.

Any news?

JonoH
Hero

Nothing really worth sharing other than we've checked with Cloudmark (one of the biggest companies in mailbox trust) and nothing is showing there.

We're asking now for more examples.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

We believe we've resolved it and have emailed YouGov asking them to test email some of our staffs accounts.

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH 

Thanks for providing an update.

Can you shed any light on the problem and if it is wholly limited to YouGov or potentially affecting emails from other organisations?

JonoH
Hero

If this issue does resolve it I'll share my (limited) understanding of the problem and if it could be impacting anything else. 

Jono H