Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being received

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Mail not being received

Another incidence has recently come to light. We are regular subscibers to Hotel Chocolat. We receive a box of chocolates by post every month. We used to receive within the package an invoice, but following a change of packaging 3-4 months ago the invoices are now sent out by email. We have not received any of the emails (although the chocolates still arrive Smiley)

Given that another thread has recently been started for non-receipt of YouGov emails, clearly this issue is not solely related to my partners' email address, and with new organisations affected suggests a wider issue with Plusnet email addresses, which should be treated with an appropriate priority (Superuser involvement perhaps?)

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I’ve already asked for the linked topic to be merged to here ... after which I was going to raise an escalation for there seems to be an emerging issue impacting numerous users.

Question: in respect of Yougov communications are you using an email address of the form you@accountname.plus.com or a hosted domain name?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Yougov Email Blocked

@maranello wrote:

Were you aware that YouGov have been in contact with Plusnet as per previous post?

Hi Maranello, 

I've not heard anything about YouGov contacting us. I'll ask our incident management team.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
maranello
Pro

@Townman

Thanks for your intervention. The email address used varies depending on whether it is the primary address for the plusnet account or additional mailbox or alias. All of the general form someone@accountname.plus.com.

JonoH
Hero

Sorry that this is still happening. I've spoken to our Incident Management Team this morning and they're not aware of any other users having these issues, now I've two examples (your wife & @TootieFrootie) I'll ask in the community for more examples and raise an incident should we get more examples.

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@TootieFrootie,

A warm welcome to the forums.  This is interesting news … could you please share any reference number you have for your YouGov complaint and point of contact.

it seems all members of our panel who use Plusnet are not receiving our emails

That is a very bold assertion - one which needs objective evidence, which with knowledge of the YouGov point of contact, Plusnet might be able to obtain.  Without such evidence this could just be a "washing of hands" side step.

If your complaint is still open, could you please feed back that Plusnet technical services are not aware of YouGov's claimed contact … could they please provide a name?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TootieFrootie
Grafter

hi @Townman

Thanks for the welcome. My email correspondences with Yougov have been patchy because of this issue. Yougov don't appear to have a ticketing system with my conversations only going via supportuk@yougov.com and supportuk@yougov.zendesk.com.

I don't have a reference number (none attached) but I have replied to the email via the 'reply-to' link - supportuk+id831645@yougov.zendesk.com in the last 10 mins noting your comments below and asking for any reference.

The name of the person on the Yougov helpdesk (the one who gave me the information by email regarding Plusnet) was Emily Young. I've seen her name a few times on past helpdesk responses. 

Will let you know if I get anything back.

IIt's all I have for now, just the name.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi @TootieFrootie

Normally with ZenDesk the responses you get back from it (which have the reply to of supportuk+id831645@yougov.zendesk.com) start off with something like

Your request (1234) has been updated

I'd have though that number ('1234' in this example), would help Plusnet with getting YouGov to find it.

JonoH
Hero

Well I've just got this from IMT

Hi Jono – we haven’t heard anything about this, and I can’t find any evidence that YouGov have contacted us regarding it. Mick, I believe, knows a bit about it but he’s off for the next couple of days.

In the meantime, if we can get the customer to ask YouGov who they’ve been speaking to/provide a reference number we may be able to find some more details, but they haven’t been in contact with either IMT or the platform owner.

Jono H
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

maranello
Pro

My partner also received a response from Emily Young at YouGov

Emily Young, 2 Jul, 12:14 pm BST:

Hi JXXXX,

Seems your account was marked again.
As this is not something that we can fix on our side, a solution would be for you to change the e-mail address linked to the YouGov account - do you have another one that you can use?

Thanks,
Emily

The sender was globalsupport@yougov.com

No other reference in the message.

No mention of an issue specifically related to Plusnet email accounts.

TootieFrootie
Grafter

@JonoH@Townman

So I went back to Yougov and got this reply from Emily Young this morning on their Helpdesk:

"We were initially contacted by a member of their (Plusnet) support team (R Selby), who told us : I am from the ISP for one of our customers who receives surveys from yourself. I can confirm that we seem to be blocking your IP address so the customer is not receiving your emails. I am requesting your mail server IP address so we can unblock this for them please. 

We have since gone back with the details but it seems he is away currently. 

If someone else from the team can contact my colleague on [Removed] then we will happily work with them to resolve the situation". 

I hope this helps to get Plusnet and Yougov talking to each other. Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

JonoH
Hero

Thanks for this @TootieFrootie

Jono H
Tigger
Rising Star

I just got this from YouGov:

Dear YouGov panel member
We're getting in touch as we understand that there may be an issue with our survey emails not always being delivered to Plusnet customers.  We're currently working with them to make sure we can resolve this issue as there are a few panel members that have been affected by this and we are keen to get this fixed as soon as possible as we understand this isn't a pleasant experience for our panellists.

If you haven't received surveys from us recently, this may be the reason why.  You don't need to do anything on this for now and we will get back in touch once a solution has been reached. 

You are able to receive this email from us as we're using a different email service to send this.
Thank you for bearing with us while we investigate this issue.
Best wishes
Emily Young

I was wondering what was wrong as it looks like I haven't had any surveys from them since 5 June, looking at my survey history!

MartinC
Dabbler

I have just had the same email from Yougov and realise that I have had no survey invites from them for several months. I had put it down to the fact that I recently turned 75 and assumed that they had some ageism policy, i.e. people over 75 are too old to give sane answers!

On a serious note are Plusnet going to pay for the lost income?

The least that I,as a customer, expect is some non-complicated explanation as to what Plusnet did to emails that were addressed to me but not delivered. Is that too much to ask?