Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being received

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Mail not being received

We're going to look into it but to set your expectations correctly I'm away now until Monday next week and I don't have a lead time for how long this will take but as soon as they get back to me I'll let you know.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@JonoH 

Thanks for letting me know your intentions. 

If I unearth any further instances I'll update the thread. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
JonoH
Hero

Any further instances @maranello?

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

As you would expect, it is not easy to tell if we are not receiving messages that we are not expecting. 

I was expecting one from B&Q, but I believe that is an issue I need to take up with them directly. It  is my partner who seems to be more affected by the issue. Despite re-registering with Lakeland for example, she still is not receiving regular messages.

JonoH
Hero

The problem we have is that we know other customers are getting these newsletters so that means they're not being pre-filtered before they get to you. If you send me a list I'll sign up and see what I get Smiley 

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

Lakeland

Holland & Barratt

Superdrug Beauty Club

YouGov (currently receiving after re-registering)

Debenhams Beauty Club

There are probably more but as it is my partner's account that is mostly affected I would need to update the list when I get home.

It has previously been confirmed that the fact that her email account is an additional mailbox on our account shouldn't make any difference, but it does appear that her account is more noticeably affected.

maranello
Pro

Update

Unfortunately my partnerhas been dealing with an ill relative, and we haven't looked for any further examples.

However, for the third time she has had her YouGov surveys suspended, apparently due to inactivity (i.e. not responding to survey requests), even though she checks daily and has noticed that they don't appear as regularly.

JonoH
Hero

I appreciate now's not a great time, lets pick it up when things get better.

@maranello wrote:

However, for the third time she has had her YouGov surveys suspended, apparently due to inactivity (i.e. not responding to survey requests), even though she checks daily and has noticed that they don't appear as regularly. 

I find this really strange as I've signed up to Yougov to test this and already wish I hadn't Cheesy 

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

My partners' experience with YouGov is that it is less aggressive than others in sending out survey invitations.

Her latest communication with them suggests that the reason they have stopped sending invites is because some of the messages have been returned as undelivered. Their suggestion is that the messages are being classed as spam, or a setting in the mailbox is preventing delivery. I have checked mailbox settings and cannot find anything obvious. Spam filtering is on, but discard obvious spam is off.

The email address she uses for YouGov is set up as an alias to an additional mailbox which is not the primary mailbox on our account.

JonoH
Hero

I'm getting plenty, let me see if I continue to do so with an account created for an additional mailbox.

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

For the third time, my partner's YouGov emails have stopped, due to being returned as undeliverable. This is using an alias to an additional mailbox on my Plusnet account. Their advice is to use an alternative address. We will probably do this but before we do, have you tried this yourself, and if so are you also seeing this happen?

JonoH
Hero

Hi @maranello 

Sorry for the late response I've been out of the office. I am getting emails from YouGov and I'm quite surprised this has stopped again for your partner. 

Would you mind sending me a PM with the impacted email address please I'll see if theres anything we can look at from here.

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

PM sent. Thanks.

TootieFrootie
Grafter

Yougov Email Blocked

Hi All,

I've been having on and off issues with Yougov not sending me emailed surveys since 13 April 2018. After repeatedly getting in touch with them and not getting a satisfactory answer I finally made an official complaint to them on 16 July, and this is what they told me:

"With regards your issue on your account, it seems all members of our panel who use Plusnet are not receiving our emails, and so are being flagged on our system to not email. We are working with Plusnet to solve this issue, but as yet have no firm timescales for any resolution. I can reactivate your account again, but this will only last a short period of time before we are again blocked from contacting you again. 

Whilst we await a permanent solution, if you do have an email address with a different provider if you switch your account to use that you should have no issues with our invites".

Unfortunately I don't have another provider. Losing a ton of Yougov points. Would Plusnet care to comment on Yougov's feedback?

maranello
Pro

Re: Yougov Email Blocked

My partner has been having the same issues - see this thread

@JonoH

Were you aware that YouGov have been in contact with Plusnet as per previous post?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Removed link as threads merged.