Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not being received

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Mail not being received

@maranello I'll be responding to you via PM shortly with more details.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@MatthewWheeler

I have replied to your pm. Thanks for your interest.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
maranello
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

Thanks for your patience

Another week passes, still no closer to a fix 

maranello
Pro

@JonoH @MatthewWheeler @Anyone?

Nearly two weeks have passed without any response to what I have been informed is a known issue affecting a small number of other users which has been 'raised internally'. I have responded to PM requests and also had no reply.

Can anyone tell me if the known issue has been fixed, in which case my problem is unrelated, or if the issue is still unresolved because either you don't know how to fix it or if it is low priority because it only affects a small number of users.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Really sorry @maranello I'll check and get you an update today.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
maranello
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

Really sorry @maranello I'll check and get you an update today.

and that was Monday!

I’ve reached the conclusion that Plusnet have little interest or incentive in solving users’ email problems. Email is provided as a free facility so that is isn’t considered part of their contractual obligations, and therefore such problems are rarely addressed satisfactorily. Whilst I have seen some staff members contributing to email client set-up problems, and helping out where the issue is caused by user error, the problems associated with inadequacies in the server infrastructure and capacity issues do not appear to be solvable. The ‘Problems with Webmail’ thread is such an example.

I have therefore decided to look at alternative options, in particular using either Google or Microsoft email accounts as our main email provider. The advantage as I see it is that by doing so it makes changing providers easier to manage and removes one of our incentives for remaining a Plusnet customer. I’m probably not the only one who feels this way.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

Sorry for the late reply, one of our engineers has taken a look and are unable to see any incoming mail for that mail box from from B&Q, Lakeland, Holland and Barrett & Superdrug but we are seeing these go to other users and we're able to see that that mail box is still receiving mailing list mails from a number of other companies. 

Is it possible that you've accidentally unsubscribed? Would it be possible to try signing up for these newsletter again and seeing if they then come through?

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

Thanks for arranging for someone to look into this issue. 

We have in the past tried to sign-up again to Lakeland, without success. We will have another check in case some of our subscription options have been inadvertently changed.

I have also signed up to B&Q and Lakeland using my own email address rather than my partner's address which is set up as an additional mailbox on our account. I am getting emails through on my address, are additional mailboxes treated differently?

Is it possible that some of the organisations systems will automatically change options or remove subscriptions if either we don't respond or if messages are reported back to them as undelivered?

JonoH
Hero

maranello wrote:

Is it possible that some of the organisations systems will automatically change options or remove subscriptions if either we don't respond or if messages are reported back to them as undelivered?

That's a possibility, we are confident nothings being sent to you from these newsletters. If for example they were detected and marked as spam by our spam filters then none of our users would get them.

Jono H
maranello
Pro

I have checked subscriptions for b&q and Holland & Barratt and discovered these had been unsubscribed for email communications. Now re-subscribed and will monitor.

However, Lakeland account appears to still be active for newsletters, but these are not getting through to partners inbox but received OK in mine.

Will work through others and report back on success or failure.

maranello
Pro

Resurrecting this thread because it appears to be an ongoing issue and I do not believe there has been a resolution.

Yesterday my partner sent an email query to YouGov becouse she has subscribed to take part in online surveys and had not been receiving the survey notifications. A reply from YouGov was received soon after, stating that due to inactivity on the account the sending of survey notifications had been suspended. My partner regularly monitors her email and is diligent at responding. She is convinced that the survey notifications that she had not responded to did not appear in the Inbox of either Windows Live Mail on our laptop or on her Android tablet's email app.

What could be happening here? Are the YouGov survey notification emails treated as spam and not being received in the Inbox?

JonoH
Hero

Hi @maranello

There are a few questions I could use some help with so I can look into it if that's OK? 

• Did the re-subscription to the news letters fix the previous problem?
  • A previous post says you were moving your email addresses to Gmail, did you do this and if so is this happening in your google mail box or Plusnet one?

Assuming your email is still with us, what email address does the notification come from?

Jono H
maranello
Pro

@JonoH

Thanks for your response

• Did the re-subscription to the news letters fix the previous problem?

Not in all cases, and even those apparently successful, the results appear sporadic. I haven't been very diligent in checking.

• A previous post says you were moving your email addresses to Gmail, did you do this and if so is this happening in your google mail box or Plusnet one?

Haven't got around to this yet, my partner doesn't want the hassle at the moment.

Assuming your email is still with us, what email address does the notification come from?

I'll check later.

maranello
Pro

Yougov survey alert address is yougov@yougov.com