cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus

JHA1E
Grafter

Re: Plusnet to Gmail addresses - what's the problem?

Only?? Gmail is probably the most used email client. I become tired or seeing and hearing PN on TV and radio where of course no reference is made to this problem as it might frighten away potential customers. The cost of this advertising could be better spent providing the resources to resolve the problem.

sirjestalot
Grafter

Just to add a bit of balance, I received an email in my PN account from a btinternet.com address on Saturday 01 Dec at 14:35, which had been sent on.... 24 Nov at 10:58, a delay of 8 days 3 hours 37 minutes!   However, it looks from the message headers that the email was somehow not collected by the BT server for most of that time, so appears to have been stuck in the sender's Outbox for some reason (once collected by BT, it was delivered to my PN account almost instantly).  Just goes to show that all is not necessarily what it seems, and sometimes one needs to dig a little deeper.

u36184
Hooked

A delayed email (2 plus days) I sent from PN  to a friend showed the time he received it and not the time it was sent.

What is shown in your header may be different of course.

sirjestalot
Grafter

@u36184 wrote:

A delayed email (2 plus days) I sent from PN  to a friend showed the time he received it and not the time it was sent.

What is shown in your header may be different of course.

Every message should contain a 'Date: ' header which shows the date & time it was sent, that is, the date & time - as stored in your computer's clock - you hit the 'Send' button.  Usually looks something like this:

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 10:58:08 -0000

Your mail app (whether webmail or a standalone app such as Thunderbird) should add that header and it's present in the message before it passes through any server.