Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus

FIXED
PeterB1
Rising Star

Re: Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus

Thanks again.

Fingers crossed all your hard work does now pay off!

If I may make a suggestion, I think it would be enormously helpful in the short term if you could update this forum every day or two for a while to let us know if your own logs and user feedback suggests the effect of the fix is being sustained.

For users, it's question of trust, if you see what I mean.

Can we finally trust the system to deliver Gmail messages promptly so we can rely on it, or do we still need to filter urgent messages and find another way of sending them?

Frequent status info (perhaps for the next week or two?) would be really useful.

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have sent a series of emails to my Gmail account and all have arrived promptly. Fingers crossed that you have got to the bottom of the gmail communication issue.

jric
Dabbler

Yes I've also sent a lot of consecutive emails to my wife's Gmail and they have all been delivered instantly and therefore also in the right order. Almost brought tears to my eyes! 🙂

Thanks for sorting and as far as I am concerned you can mark this FIXED after all this time!

It won't really affect me, however, as I changed email providers some time ago because of the frustration. Hopefully the next step will be to fix the security issues and then Plusnet will be a pretty satisfactory email system to use 🙂

sirjestalot
Grafter

@jric wrote:

Yes I've also sent a lot of consecutive emails to my wife's Gmail and they have all been delivered instantly and therefore also in the right order. Almost brought tears to my eyes! 🙂

Thanks for sorting and as far as I am concerned you can mark this FIXED after all this time!

Hmmm, it's early days, don't count chickens etc 🙂

I'll be sending a series of test emails to one of my Gmail-using friends, to see how things go.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@sirjestalot wrote:

I'll be sending a series of test emails to one of my Gmail-using friends, to see how things go.

We're monitoring things are side and we're seeing very few delays.  I agree let's not mark it as fixed yet, but its certainly much better.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
sirjestalot
Grafter

@JonoH wrote:

We're monitoring things are side and we're seeing very few delays.  I agree let's not mark it as fixed yet, but its certainly much better.

My friend reports that my six test messages, sent between 16:53 and 16:56 today, "all arrived pretty much instantly."

It's lookin' good!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@PeterB1 wrote:

Can we finally trust the system to deliver Gmail messages promptly so we can rely on it, or do we still need to filter urgent messages and find another way of sending them?

And therein is the real issue here...

1. This is not a delivery issue rather it is an acceptance of an attempt to deliver issue
  2. The system which is 'failing' is Google's for reasons they have not been prepared to discuss

The question rather needs to be phrased as "Can we finally trust Gmail to accept delivery attempts of messages promptly?".  A personal view informed by empirical testing is probably yes ... until possibly Google move the goal posts again as they did at the start of this debarcle.  That said the implementation of belt & braces anti-spam measures might make falling foul of moving goal posts less likely.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I seem to be having the same problem again with sending emails to Gmail addresses and this time the googlemail address fix doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else witnessing anything similar. I will try and establish if there is a gmail issue.

barcud
Grafter

Yes, LoneBee,

Tried two messages to my gmail account from my Plus.com one, one to gmail and one to googlemail.

They both took 7 minutes!!!!

So, yes, there is (still) a problem. (Or maybe a new one?)

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It would probably be worth posting the headers from the email when it did arrive.  I've just sent two email via webmail from a .plus.com address to a free gmail address and they arrived instantly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

If you could PM me your email address and the date and time you sent the message I can check the logs, If you'd be happy to PM me your headers that would also be useful.

Jono H
Lester
Hooked

Just tried it from Plusnet to both gmail and googlemail. Both arrived effectively instantly.

PeterB1
Rising Star

Just sent three consecutive emails from my @Username.plus.com account to my personal (free) gmail. address.

Messages timed at 5.44, 5.45 and 5.45.

All three arrived instantly.

JonoH
Hero

We've just sent a test batch of 100 emails, all of these were received almost instantly. We've investigated the headers and details we've received from customers who experienced delays yesterday and have identified that this was caused by Google not trusting the individual customers domain username.plus.com. This can happen for tons of reasons but the best piece of advice we can give is to be careful with the emails you send.

Jono H
PeterB1
Rising Star

Hi JonoH,

My messages to Gmail addresses from my PN address myname@username.plus.com are arriving instantly at the moment, so I'm not directly affected by these latest issues. Nonetheless, I'm always keen to follow your advice, but I confess I don't know what "be careful with the emails you send" actually means!