Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus

FIXED
barcud
Grafter

Re: Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus

Thanks spraxyt!!

I'll look seriously at obtaining a domain address.

Is there a plusnet help page for it? I had a quick look but couldn't find it.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@barcud Sorry, I misinterpreted the point of your previous post, I thought you already had a domain name.

It is my understanding that Plusnet withdrew hosting for new domains in December 2017 so you won't be able to take that route. Sad

Regarding present delivery delays to gmail.com addresses, Plusnet have said they are in touch with Google seeking to understand and resolve the problem.

David
barcud
Grafter

No problem, spraxyt.

Guess I need plan C if I can't add a new domain.

Grrrrr.

fxbronte
Grafter

I have just had a thought. I have the problem with username@userrname.plus.com, but I remembered that I also have a domain from old, called userrname.plus.com, that I can still open and view, but it does not appear in my PN account details as hosted by PN. It is an old domain that I have not updated its pages since 2015. Could this have any relevance?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

No, none.

username.plus.com is the DOMAIN name we each get assigned based on our account username.  As much as anything this harps back to the days when a Plusnet account came with WEB SPACE as well as an email service allowing UNLIMITED email addresses.

It is an old domain that I have not updated its pages since 2015

Your domain is accountname.plus.com

Your website is at www.accountname.plus.com (that is where your pages are)

Email addresses is anything@accountname.plus.com

HTH?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fxbronte
Grafter

Is this the end of the road?. PN says that it is Gmail's fault, Gmail blames PN's avasout08, and I, and all others, are stuck with an unusable service Angry

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

It's not the end of the road, we're trying to help and we're still working behind the scenes. I appreciate that it might not be as quick as you'd like but we're doing the best we can.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
fxbronte
Grafter

Well, this was the latest reply to my ticket:

"Our internal networks team have reviewed the information and confirm that the issue is not from our side and asked that you contact google in this case to see why it is being blocked by them and causing delays on them being sent"

This looks pretty end of the road to me.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

'Left Hand', can I introduce you to 'Right hand' springs to mindRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I would hope that since a previous post said they were in contact with Google, they would be able to tell us why there are delays rather than us going off being passed around again.

Chance you also just got a generic replay from someone not looped into the problem.

I'm probably going to move all my email addresses to Gmail or alternative soon at this point regardless.  Was warned not to tie everything to an ISP email in case you ever wanted to move.. less problematic.  This issue has given me motivation to get on with it.

JonoH
Hero

@rd1956 wrote:

I would hope that since a previous post said they were in contact with Google, they would be able to tell us why there are delays rather than us going off being passed around again.

I'm not sure why this particular agent said that and I'm sorry that they did.

We are in contact with Google and that's ongoing, but at this point I'm not sure  what the problem is but I do know it took some time for us to get a response from them and ultimately how their equipment is set up sits with them.

Jono H
fxbronte
Grafter

Just received !

"Thank you for your contact we have checked with our network team.Our internal networks team have reviewed the information and confirm that the issue is not from our side and asked that you contact google in this case to see why it is being blocked by them and causing delays on them being sent If you have any questions, you can contact us online using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) Kind regards, [CSA Removed]"

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

JonoH
Hero

Sorry that you've been given that absolute incorrect information. I've no idea where they got it from.

I've emailed his Team Leader and directed them to the open incident reference (IMT-2206)

Jono H
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Not noticed this previously but now I've seen that emails sent from my plusnet account to Gmail are taking an age to arrive sometimes over 24hr...
But... Gmail sent to my plusnet address are ok
fxbronte
Grafter

This is my record so far, over 24hrs.