cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail box full

FIXED
Prospectover

Mail box full

I am being advised by contacts that their emails to me (at a PN/freenetname account) are being rejected saying 'mailbox full'. Having just moved from Windows mail to Outlook I tought that this was because not being PO any longer meant the emails were remaining on the server. How much space do I have? How do I find this out? I have logged on webmail and deleted a lot but am not sure if it has helped. My web chat about this was cut off without a reply so I am not very happy about the (lack of) service!
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Mail box full

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @ Prospectover.

Based on the e-mail bounceback they've received it's likely that you were over your 200MB mailbox size.

You can check your current space by logging into webmail by going here and entering your full e-mail address and password then following the below instructions.

1. Click on settings at the top right-hand corner
  2. Click on Folders at the top right-hand corner
  3. Click on the Inbox folder and then click on the information tab,
  4. Where it says "Click to get folder size" click this and then it'll give you the size in MB

If you have any additional folders set up then you can use the above steps to check their sizes. Once you're below 200MB in total you should then start receiving e-mails again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Have a read

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Prospectover

Many thanks. As it turned out the senders mailbox was full not mine! However I was still unsure about whether or not is was me.

No readily available information at first signing on so we have to go through the steps you outline. Not very 'user friendly'.

SpinDryer
Grafter

@Prospectover wrote:

Many thanks. As it turned out the senders mailbox was full not mine! However I was still unsure about whether or not is was me.

No readily available information at first signing on so we have to go through the steps you outline. Not very 'user friendly'.

The bounce message to the sender would have indicated where the issue lay. Of course it might mean trying to interpret a few strange looking numbers.

With regard the mailbox total, there really should be an obvious "You've used xMB out of 200MB" somewhere.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

As it turned out the senders mailbox was full not mine! 

Mystery solved! When a mailbox is full it can be normal to expect mail not to be sent as this generally uses a small amount of mailbox space in order to send the email.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prospectover

I do not understand your question 'Now which way did you come in?'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

It is @idonno ‘s post signature, which appears at the bottom of all of their posts. Some might find it humorous, whilst others might think it’s a personal message and no so funny.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Townman wrote: It is @idonno ‘s post signature,

Never gave it a thought....... I'll try and make it more signature obvious Smiley

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?