cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail being blocked?

Parsling
Dabbler

Mail being blocked?

I believe there's some sort of problem with YouGov mail not getting through on Plusnet webmail but I've also realised that I no longer receive mail from Sky or John Lewis, they stopped about a year ago has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

14 REPLIES 14
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Mail being blocked?

The problem with YouGov is apparently fixed, although you may need to contact them directly in order to get regular email survey notices reinstated.

I have previously reported problems with other organisations, but FWIW not for John Lewis as these are getting through. Thankfully I don't get anything from Sky Roll_eyes

Hopefully @JonoH will spot this and update you if he knows of any recent developments

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Parsling
Dabbler

It's really annoying, I changed my yougov email address to outlook last week so that's ok but, according you yougov, the problem is still not sorted. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Parsling wrote:

I believe there's some sort of problem with YouGov mail not getting through on Plusnet webmail

That's now been resolved.

but I've also realised that I no longer receive mail from Sky or John Lewis, they stopped about a year ago has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

That's interesting, did you stop getting them around the time of GDPR? 25 May 2018?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Parsling
Dabbler

Actually, it could have been especially with John Lewis but Sky emails haven't been received for a lot longer.  I did go into my Sky account and check all the boxes some time ago but it never made any difference.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Parsling 

Is it only Sky that seems to be an issue now? You aren't noticing any other companies you have correspondence with over email being missed? 

If so, then I would hazard a guess that this is not an issue on our side of things. 

Could you try contacting Sky, changing you email to an alternate and asking for a test email to see if it goes through to a 3rd party address? 

Let us know the results.

Thanks

MoR

Parsling
Dabbler

Will do, I'll let you know how I get on.

Parsling
Dabbler

Well I changed the email address for my Sky account to Windows Mail and it's worked, for the first time in over a year I now get the weekly tv guides so they must have been being blocked somehow by Plusnet.  It's really annoying because Plusnet is my main email address, I don't use Windows Mail much as emails seem to disappear.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update.

If you can remember, could you provide me with the dates of when you were expecting mail from Sky and John Lewis to your Plusnet email address, so that we can investigate this further with our operational engineers?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Parsling
Dabbler

The John Lewis messages might be down to me not ticking the box when gdpr came in but the Sky ones stopped over a year ago and they were the weekly Sky tv emails that I'm pleased to say are now being received in Outlook.  It would however be good if you could sort the problem out as to why they're not coming through on Plusnet.  Many thanks.

Parsling
Dabbler

The Sky emails were the TV weekly guide that just suddenly stopped, I'd been receiving them for ages, but the John Lewis ones were intermittent and usually when they had special offers coming up.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Parsling have a read of this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-mail-server-blocking-Lidl-Newsletter/m-p/1594977#M25821 . The loss of the LIDL newsletter seemed to it being detected as spam and having the 'discard obvious spam' setting on. Check the setting on your account and try with it 'off' if it isn't already

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Parsling
Dabbler

Thanks for that, the yes box was ticked so may be that's causing some of the problems.  I'll post again if it solves the problems.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It MAY mean that you get more SPAM emails, so you may want to add some filtering in your email client.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Parsling
Dabbler

OK, thank you for your help, I'll keep an eye on it and adjust as necessary.