cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail and Windows 7

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Mail and Windows 7

I have upgraded to Win 7 and i use incredimail and i have tried every known e mail address password you name it i have tried it to set up my e mail account on Incredimail
It asks for your name to start with but does this mean my user name which is crownfield or my name or crownfield+mike
Then your e mail address  ( presume this means me@username.plus.com) or does it mean me@mywebsite.co.uk
Then your password which i presume is the same when setting up the e mail
Then  it says POP 3
mail.plus.net
relay.plus.net
i have tried every combination numerous times and it tells me there is a problem with my user name and or password ? I have even re set my password in case it was something wrong with the password
I have heard there are issues with win7 and e mail but is this an issue or am i forgetting something
Any help would be greatfully received as its driving me bonkers...Many Thanks Mike
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  email addresses munged ]
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Mail and Windows 7

If I was you  - remove your e-mail names from the forum, put in dogdy one, but not real
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

First things first , you might want to redact your email address in your post as this is a public forum.
Ok, following this link to the setup info for incredimail http://www.oeupdates.com/Setup-Incredimail-Email.html
Name - can be anything you like
Email address - is your email address for replies
Incoming server- mail.plus.net
Outgoing server - relay.plus.net
UserName - crownfield+mike
Password - password for the mike mailbox
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Hi
I think the problem is with incredimail it seems to take my mike@ and assumes that is my user name which it isnt when i set up mail
using my user name @whatever.co.uk it creates the account so i am trying to sort out to try and manually input my details as the version of
Incredimail i have seems to try and do everything automatically there are none of the screens they show in their help and guides and also to Jim thanks but yes i am putting the hyphen in
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Seems like Win7 needed to download a fix from incredimail which seems to have solved the problem, still getting used to Win7 so should have noticed this earlier may have saved some of my hair....many thanks to everyone who replied...Mike