Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasfish erroneous email over quota message

FIXED
gpluck
Hooked

Madasfish erroneous email over quota message

Hi there 

Expereincing problems with an old madasafish email account. which i have opened a support ticket on but it doesnt appear to be getting any attention 😞  Ticket 196153697  

The long and the short of it is no new emails have been landing in the inbox since tuesday last week, email client or using the webmail interface.  Sending email to the xxxx@madasafish.com results in 

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

******@madasafish.com
    mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded 

using the plusnetwebmail interface the inbox and all folders accept deleted items are empty - theres nothing i can delete ! - support have told me there a 1gb cap on the madasafish accounts - which i can be no where near hitting... 

Have seen a very similar "over email quota" on here marked fixed - but not clear who or how it was fixed -- any one got any ideas to help 

thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Madasfish erroneous email over quota message

Hello,

I’m sorry to see you’re having issues with your Madasafish mailbox. The usage quota firstly is 250MB for Madasafish, it’s 1GB for Plusnet. Apologies for any incorrect information you’ve been provided regarding this. 

It’s not clear from your post whether you’ve emptied the deleted items folder as this would count towards the allowance we give. 

Do you have any emails in the deleted items?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

Hi there Gandalf 

A few emails in deleted items but nothing like 250mb, i guess there no chance they could up it to Gig anyway - since we heave plusnet phone and broadband but dont use theri email allowance 😉 

thanks 

gpluck
Hooked

just checked deleted folder there are 2 emails at 1.2mb remaining 20 or 30 are just small kb's so if the account is over quota its in a folder that i cant see through webmail i'm afraid 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @gpluck 

Unfortunately apart from using the same webmail, Madasafish mailbox management is separate to Plusnet and there’s no option for us to increase the usage allowance for these mailboxes.

Are all your folders visible from the front page? If you go to Settings > Folders, are they all ticked?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

the mail ones were all ticked - for good measure i ticked the messages ones as well - the BV config folder has 1 item (prayer preferences ) size 1kb 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @gpluck 

Let me look into this further when I’m in the office tomorrow morning. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

Thanks for looking into this Gandalf - there is already a support ticket open Ticket 196153697 which might show whats already been checked internally. Will keep an eye on this topic tomorrow for any updates -- the ticket has other ways to contact me including my gmail account..  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @gpluck 

I've added a reply to your ticket sending a text message out, once you've responded I'll pick this back up as soon as I can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers for your time on the phone @gpluck 

Happy to see I've helped you sort this out now, feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet