cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish webmail terrible service

andywat
Dabbler

Madasafish webmail terrible service

I've been paying for madasafish webmail (totalise email address) for many years and the service is becoming worse and worse, to the point where it's almost unusable. Over the past month it has been having regular downtime, with the following message being seen more or less every day and generally multiple times per day:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I also have issues with email 'timing out' when I'm writing a message and attempt to send. This must be a generic issue as sometimes the message appears after 30 seconds. Basically it happens when I click Send regardless of the time. This error is intermittent so hard to pin down but very frustrating as the message typed is always lost. Now I expect it to happen I copy my email before hitting send...and then hope I'm able to log back in and actually send it.

Overall for a service I pay for what I receive is significantly below standards expected. You would be better taking the decision to close it rather then drive it down by giving terrible service as the reputation of plusnet is suffering because of this.

9 REPLIES 9
andywat
Dabbler

Re: Madasafish webmail terrible service

Again, 11.10am:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

This appears to be the same problem that many of us are having with PlusNet webmail - refer other recent topics for extensive complaints.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop in to let you know that we are aware that webmail is still a problem.

The issues with slow speeds and timeouts are still being investigated and we are working towards solutions for this.

Please take a look at our latest service status update if you'd like to know more:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1478880406.htm

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andywat
Dabbler

Thanks for providing a link informing us that webmail was also rubbish a few weeks ago. It's actually been bed for almost a year, but is getting worse, not better.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We have some planned maintenance relating to this on Monday http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1480089146.htm

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andywat
Dabbler

Even with this maintenance I'm unable to login, still getting Service Unavailable. Same as yesterday early evening.

ajagus

Service unavailable again (and again)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Really sorry for the ongoing problems with webmail. Following hard work from our engineers throughout this week, we've seen that there has been a noticeable improvement to the service compared to earlier this week.

We appreciate that the service on webmail is not yet back how we would like it, however we will continue to work on this and provide updates via our service status page here when we have more information.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Adamtemp
Grafter

Still unable to log in to the madasafish login page for my just mail service (globalnet) can log in to plusnet to move from junk to inbox.

But unable to add / amend spam filters to allow plusnet mails to come through to outlook without manual intervention each day. (just upgraded to fibre)

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 80/20 fttc