cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

bobcox
Hooked

Re: Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

Thanks bob, this has re-instated access to my folder...

but this information shouldn't have been buried in a forum, clearly it should have been announced on the Madasafish login page before the move to PlusNet.

It's still not clear to me whether the Madasafish platform will reappear at some pint.

Totaliser
Dabbler

Whilst I would like a return to the MAAF interface I can't see it happening but can Plusnet at least try to improve their own offering along the lines of what we have lost. It must be possible to replicate something that didn't need a great deal of technology and which still had a lot of fans.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@bobcox wrote:

Thanks bob, this has re-instated access to my folder...

but this information shouldn't have been buried in a forum, clearly it should have been announced on the Madasafish login page before the move to PlusNet.

Sorry about that. We did put something up a day or two after the redirection was put in place:

login-splash.jpg

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

martynculling
Dabbler

That was spotted. But does nothing to justify the removal of the Madasafish webmail when the Plusnet service cannot cope.

One word, idiotic..

Freddie40
Dabbler

Another madasafish emailer here that can't access webmail!!!

I enter my full email address & my password, but all I get is login failed

Please help

martynculling
Dabbler

Password is what you signed up to Plusnet with - not what you used to use with Madasafish webmail (unless the same).

Freddie40
Dabbler

I kept them both the same, I can log into my plusnet webmail account for my plusnet email address but fail everytime for my madasafish email address!

Noiseboy
Dabbler

When I delete an email using Webmail and then open up Mail on my Mac it downloads the deleted email. 

Why, and where is the setting buried to stop this happening?

Also, why do I have to refresh the page every now and then when trying to access settings.

It was never this difficult in the past.

bobcox
Hooked

Might be to do with your browser not accepting cookies. Check the settings, and if that's not the problem raise it again with PlusNet. Looks like the only way to make them take any notice of the inept way they have handled this issue is to move to another provider. I'm on my way.

bobcox
Hooked

By which time we were all trying to log in directly on the PlusNet page!!

Preston
Dabbler

Bluemail do an excellent email thingy for android, I'm no geek but I have got it sorted and get and send from my phone with no trouble at all.  PS I don't have any connection with them but saw that they had good reviews..

https://bluemail.me/

Preston
Dabbler

It would have made more sense to migrate to the email system that worked properly rather than shift to one that obviously doesn't...  This is typical "we are doing this to improve our customer service" that you get from all sorts of companies, one word for it [-Censored-].

mickphythian
Hooked

I'm adding to this having tried the various suggestions on the Plusnet landing page, and getting more annoyed with the lack of user consideration.

I have a care4free email address that I managed to use on the Madasafish webmail system. Initially the Plusnet landing page wouldn't accept it but now it does but shows my inbox as empty (having logged in with care4free address and password). I can similarly log in with Plusnet address and password and get an empty inbox. 

I used to be able to view my emails on my Nokia phone quite easily but can't now.

Is there a solution to this break in service Plusnet have created and didn't announce?

Preston
Dabbler

I have been a Madasafish user for many years and never had problems with them and before that with ic24, again I had no complaints about their service.  Now we end up being part of the vast BT group and everything goes to pot, cannot use any real expletive as even mild ones get censored out.  I had a lot of filters in my madasafish email set up, now I'm told then are still there but I can't see them, edit them or add to them.  What a way to run a business, brewery and heavy drinking session come to mind, again avoiding censorship......

jakespa

Time to call in Ofcom, me thinks...