Did you mean: 

Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

@lunarlights wrote:

The folders I had setup are missing in plusnet and contain information that I need to refer to.

Navigate to Personal Settings > Folders tab and ensure you're subscribed to the folders in question by ticking them in the left-hand navigation pane:

folders.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MalcolmI

Done that thank you.

But I see that in "Preferences/Special Folders" that the path for Junk is to "SPAM" (there is no "JUNK" folder).

There is no JUNK folder in the preferences list although there is one in the mail interface, but no SPAM folder.

If I try to create a SPAM folder in the mail interface I get an error message.

Where does Spam go?

carlill

As with many others earlier this week my care4free account was seemingly transferred to plusnet...instead of logging in to madasafish. Since then its been chaos...occasionally it works but a lot of the time I sit there watching it load up-or rather not....Days of work have been lost as a result

Plus net-sort this -or I will complain to the regulator

carlill

Occasionally it works...but most of the time I just sit there watching the 'loading' icon go round and round. Hours and hours of work have been lost as a result. To cause this chaos without any prior warning is appalling.. If plus net don't sort it soon I will complain to the regulator!

peejay
Grafter

Thanks for your detailed reply Bob. Hope you are able to rectify the automatic porting of the address books to the Plusnet Webmail interface. I think that is of vital importance and the sooner fixed the better.

One or two other observations that may help other users..................

If I attempt to login after clicking basic email it always fails with a server error whereas clicking the the full interface it lets me in pronto. And I can't fathom this one....Trying to delete trash comes up with an error message "Server error invalid mailbox name!" and yet the box is ticked to delete trash on exit and my mail box name appears to be correct.

Regards Peter

rovinglad

New to the Forum.  Just wanted to add my weight to the ongoing pleas for reinstating Madasafish emails.  I opted to keep my Madasafish email separate when taking on Plusnet broadband, - just like others did.  Have had login problems for a long time now, but last two days just cannot get signed in.  Like others, it takes me to the Plusnet login page which does not help, as there is no option to use my correct email address and password.  Trying to call Customer Support gets a 30 minutes holding time, - beyond a joke.   Even signing up for the Community Forum, - asks for email address, tells you a message will be sent to your email, - but cannot receive it!!

Totaliser
Dabbler

Aside from the practical issues of not being able to login, emails taking forever to load and missing folders, the look and feel and functionality of Plusnet webmail is VERY different to Madasafish webmail. It's really not nice to look at or use. You cannot navigate as easily or read or respond to emails as quickly. This constitutes a real material difference and I can't be alone in hating it. Please can you restore the MAAF interface.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I can't believe PN choose now, when there are problems with their email to force even more into using it.

It has always been slow and clumsy for the end user. You would have thought an ISP provider could produce/maintain something much better.

chris_jh

I am having the same problem when I log into plusweb mail as username@freenetname.co.uk I don't see any emails in my inbox - where have they all gone from my madasafish domain? As everyone has asked please reinstate madasafish.

thanks

Preston
Dabbler

Slow and clumsy are hardly the words, everything takes forever to happen, although I did not use the Madasafish mail regularly, it was always useful for adding filters to my incoming.  Have all those filters been lost, am I going to be inundated with more rubbish than before.

Fortunately I still use Outlook for my main mail on my PC and Bluemail on my phone. Both work without problems and although I've only gone to Bluemail in the last couple of weeks, I can navigate round it as it's simple and logical.

Plusnet, you are heading towards losing another customer.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@MalcolmI wrote:

But I see that in "Preferences/Special Folders" that the path for Junk is to "SPAM" (there is no "JUNK" folder).

There is no JUNK folder in the preferences list although there is one in the mail interface, but no SPAM folder.

It's a bit confusing. Irrespective of the actual name of the folder, in the left-hand pane it will always be named 'Junk':

junk-folder.jpg

That's despite the underlying IMAP folder in the example above actually being named 'Spam'.

@carlill wrote:

As with many others earlier this week my care4free account was seemingly transferred to plusnet...instead of logging in to madasafish. Since then its been chaos...occasionally it works but a lot of the time I sit there watching it load up-or rather not....Days of work have been lost as a result

There's an intermittent performance problem that we've been investigating for a while now. I suspect you're on the receiving end of that. Have you considered collecting your email using a standalone email application, rather than relying on Webmail? Happy to provide pointers. You might also have more success with the basic interface offered here.

@peejay wrote:

It would have been helpful if users using the MAAF platform had been given prior notification of this sudden change.

OK, I'm sure some would argue the horse has left the stable, however we're working on a holding page to make the redirect a little less jarring. Hopefully have something up later today.

... prior warning would have at least allowed us to port our address book to the Plusnet Webmail. Is it possible for Plusnet to port this over or at least inform us how we can access these lists if not we have been put in a very invidious position which will take a long time to sort out.

Navigate to Personal Settings > Folders tab, and subscribe to the 'BVConfig' folder. Back out to the mail view, open the folder and you'll find a config file in there. It's a bit poorly formatted but your address book entries should be in there. Others should be able to do this too.

@rovinglad wrote:

New to the Forum.  Just wanted to add my weight to the ongoing pleas for reinstating Madasafish emails.  I opted to keep my Madasafish email separate when taking on Plusnet broadband, - just like others did.  Have had login problems for a long time now, but last two days just cannot get signed in. 

Can you drop me a private message and let me know your email address so I can take a look?

Totaliser wrote:

Aside from the practical issues of not being able to login, emails taking forever to load and missing folders, the look and feel and functionality of Plusnet webmail is VERY different to Madasafish webmail. It's really not nice to look at or use. You cannot navigate as easily or read or respond to emails as quickly.

You might prefer this?

@chris_jh wrote:

I am having the same problem when I log into plusweb mail as username@freenetname.co.uk I don't see any emails in my inbox - where have they all gone from my madasafish domain? As everyone has asked please reinstate madasafish.

Have you tried logging in using your domain rather than the Freenetname address?

@Preston wrote:

... although I did not use the Madasafish mail regularly, it was always useful for adding filters to my incoming.  Have all those filters been lost, am I going to be inundated with more rubbish than before.

AIUI, the filters will still be there. You've lost the ability to edit/add new ones though. We're exploring our options, so I'm not sure what the future holds in this area. Hopefully be able to implement filtering on the Plusnet platform.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Totaliser
Dabbler

I know you are being helpful by suggesting we try another way of collecting our email rather than using a webmail service but the whole point of paying £20 a year was to actually KEEP the Madasafish webmail service as it was. Plusnet webmail is materially different - it's not a patch on the Madasafish Webmail service that has vanished. The Madasafish interface was totally different to look at in terms of colour and shade, font types and sizes and in terms of usability and accessibility it was far superior to the Plusnet one.

And Plusnet have removed the Madasafish interface precisely at a time when the webmail service is having problems and without any warning what was going to happen. So from a fast loading, smooth flowing, easy on the eye Madasafish webmail service which was very usable and efficient we now have the opposite.  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fair feedback, however I'll be honest to avoid any false hope - I can't see the old platform returning Sad

Did you take a look at the basic Plusnet webmail interface?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Totaliser
Dabbler

Hi Bob

Yes I did but I'm afraid I find the different variations are all well short of what the MAAF interface gave us.

It's hard to explain to anyone who isn't familiar with using MAAF Webmail (18 years for me) but I'm sure other people will know what I mean. Sad

jakespa

For years Madasafish worked so well...