cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

Eeza

Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

Guys when I try to log into Madasafish webmail it sends me to Plusnets webmail server and thats as far as I can GO, I try to login using my madasafish credentials to no avail Huh  (I get the message You must be logged in to access this page.)  Anyone else having this issue.

On the Madasafish Home Page I can still see :

Please note if you have an email only service from Madasafish this WILL NOT be affected by the closure.

Regards Eric

86 REPLIES 86
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Madasafish to Plusnet Webmail

If you enter your full e-mail address you should be able to log in.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Eeza

Perfect works now 🙂  Many thanks 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear you got in!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Does this mean the MAAF login has been removed?

Eeza

I would say YES

peejay
Grafter

It would have been helpful if users using the MAAF platform had been given prior notification of this sudden change. Currently paying to retain my @totalise email address such prior warning would have at least allowed us to port our address book to the Plusnet Webmail. Is it possible for Plusnet to port this over or at least inform us how we can access these lists if not we have been put in a very invidious position which will take a long time to sort out.

Robinho

@MatthewWheeler   I'm having the same problem. I was advised that Plusnet were doing some work and Madasafish webmail would be up and accessible by last night - 18th Jan 2017. That hasn't happened. I think you may have missed the point of the enquiry somewhat. When trying to access Madasafish webmail, I get redirected to Plusnet webmail which is not what I want. I don't have any email here that I need to access. It is all on my Madasafish webmail which is not accessible via Plusnet webmail. Where has my Madasafish webmail gone? Is it still available? Given that I am still receiving email to my domain through Madasafish, surely I should be able to access it directly if only to manage it from the source...otherwise, how can I move and delete emails for housekeeping purposes? All I really want is to access my Madasafish webmail without jumping through hoops or better still, simply access it as I did before. 

mickphythian
Hooked

Agreed - very poor customer service practice. I still have a care4free email address that I would like to maintain...

themclennans
Hooked

I am experiencing the same problem, but have found that entering my full e-mail address does not allow me to access my webmail!

Help please, before I run out of space!

Totaliser
Dabbler

Same problem here.

Have a totalise.co.uk email address from 1999 which I use constantly.  This week the normal logon via MAAF redirected me to plusnet webmail.

Now can't even login - just hangs and hangs........

And the previous poster is right.....entering your full email address makes NO difference.

Please just restore the MAAF interface.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

themclennans / Totaliser: FYI, we're looking at this.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MalcolmI

Plusnet you have just turned off the Madasafish webmail interface and the link goes to Plusnet webmail. Logging in with my usual password it is now impossible to delete any e-mails as the default folder "Deleted Items" with the "No Entry" logo does not exist and an error message results.

lunarlights

Can I add another request to reinstate the MAAF interface.

The folders I had setup are missing in plusnet and contain information that I need to refer to.

Also plusnet web mail is so slow as to be unusable.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@themclennans @Totaliser, can you private message me your email addresses please?

@peejay wrote:

Is it possible for Plusnet to port this over or at least inform us how we can access these lists if not we have been put in a very invidious position which will take a long time to sort out.

We're looking into this. Address books should be imported on initial login however it doesn't seem this is happening in all cases Sad

@Robinho wrote:

When trying to access Madasafish webmail, I get redirected to Plusnet webmail which is not what I want. I don't have any email here that I need to access. It is all on my Madasafish webmail which is not accessible via Plusnet webmail. Where has my Madasafish webmail gone? Is it still available? 

Yes, it's still available and nothing has been lost. You should be able to login to the Plusnet Webmail interface using either your full Madasafish or domain email address. If you can't log into the latter, then would you have any objection to me giving it a whirl from this side?

@mickphythian wrote:

Agreed - very poor customer service practice. I still have a care4free email address that I would like to maintain...

As above, you should still be able to log into it? If you can't, feel free to drop me a private message and I'll take a look.

@MalcolmI wrote:

Logging in with my usual password it is now impossible to delete any e-mails as the default folder "Deleted Items" with the "No Entry" logo does not exist and an error message results.

Sorry about this. Should be fairly trivial to fix. Navigate to Personal Settings > Special folders, and make sure the correct IMAP folder is selected next to the 'Deleted Items' option and then save the changes:

webmail-folders.jpg

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵