Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish password reset problem

FIXED
philipspittle
Dabbler

Madasafish password reset problem

I logged into Madasafish account page on iPad to change my password. I saved new password in iPad settings and took screen shot. Now I cannot get mail; dialogue box says mail server “mail.ic24.net” is not responding; I’ve attempted to amend password in iPad mail account settings but new password doesn’t work. I have tried to log back into Madasafish to reset again but it will not accept new password. How can I resolve this issue?

27 REPLIES 27
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Madasafish password reset problem

Hi Philip, I'm concerned that you're getting the error “mail.ic24.net is not responding" as that doesn't appear to be password related. However, in case it is a password issue, I've reset the account for you. Please let me know if this doesn't work after you've tried both your old and new password. - Tony

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
philipspittle
Dabbler

Thanks very much for your response. Is it ok to send you private message?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Go for it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I'm concerned that you're getting the error “mail.ic24.net is not responding" as that doesn't appear to be password related

That really does depend upon the quality of the email client program - all too often their error handling is abysmal, giving misleading to outright wrong error messages when unable to connect to the server for whatever reason.

All too often we see reports of "password error" when in fact there is some other connectivity issue - equally one can imagine that a "connectivity" issue might mask a password error.  Using TELNET to the server ports can be a useful diagnostic tool to verify user name / password.

See https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/email/testing-your-email-with-telnet/ for an outline guide - just use the ic24 server names in place of the 123-reg ones referenced therein.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

philipspittle
Dabbler

Sorry this is long-winded;

1. I’ve used Madasafish @ic24.net account for over 20 years  I very rarely log in as my email accounts are set up on iPad and iPhone using IMAP account and I don’t have a PC

2. Yesterday Experian advised me that my email and password had been compromised and that I should change my password

3. I tried the login into Plusnet webmail but I was unsure of my password, anyway it didn’t recognise my email address so I found a link to Madasafish in a post on Community

4. On Madasafish website I entered my email address and surprisingly password (which I couldn’t recall) was auto-filled. In account details I created new password using ‘suggested’ from Apple, saved info on website and into my saved passwords on iPad  

5. I tried to access email on iPad but error message said server not responding verify account in mail settings. I changed password in IMAP mail settings but verification failed

6. I also tried to log in again at Madasafish website but it wouldn’t accept new password using auto-fill or by typing manually

I use this account for everything including Apple ID, I’m lost without it, any help gratefully received 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @philipspittle,

I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue. Before we go any further, please could I confirm if you've been able to attempt following the guide that @Townman has suggested?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
philipspittle
Dabbler

I followed instructions given but response was ‘access denied’. I went to ‘windows features’ in control panel and Check box is active. Is this something you can do from your end? Thanks
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @philipspittle 

Forgive me for taking this right back to basics, but I'm a stickler for that sort of thing, and it helps me to follow things logically. 

Can you please try resetting your MAAF password on here for us here 

Then please attempt to log into the Webmail first before changing anything in your clients. 

If this does not work and allow Webmail access it shows something else could be in play. 

please let us know how this goes and we can move forward from there 

philipspittle
Dabbler

Ok I’ve done that. Obviously I can’t see the email that’s been sent for password reset as I don’t have access
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @philipspittle,

I'm sorry that the password reset email is being sent the email address that you're trying to reset the password for - I appreciate that that's not very helpful!

I tried calling you to change the password for you over the phone but there was no answer or option to leave a voicemail on the contact number that we have for you. Please can you send me a PM with the best contact number for you and the best sort of time to call? We'll be here until 8 pm today. Alternatively, you can PM me an alternative contact email and I can temporarily change this on your account to allow you to receive the password reset email.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
philipspittle
Dabbler

PM sent

philipspittle
Dabbler

As requested I have attempted to recover password using MAAF link with ‘alternative’ email address. The forgotten password page will not accept ‘alternative’ email address however it still accepts original email address. Please reset to ‘alternative’ email address as agreed. Thank you

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @philipspittle

I'm really sorry, but @EmilyD isn't in the office today and I am unable to view her PMs (as you would expect).

Any chance you can copy and past the message you sent her to me? I'll be able to carry on from where she left off. 

Thanks 

philipspittle
Dabbler

PM Sent