cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish mail

wil699

Madasafish mail

Hi, this is my first post.  hope its not the `last post` for me!

My broadband provider was originally madasafish ,then totalise and now plusnet.

Every month or so  my emails (----@totalise.co.uk) stop coming in to outlook. In order to rectify this I have to go to madasafish mail and delete the contents of my inbox as it has reached 100mb.

Why is this? It is not convenient and is hopefully rectifiable?

Thanking you in anticipation.

10 REPLIES 10
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Madasafish mail

If I recall correctly there was a 100MB limit on Madasafish mail and and that limit still applies to anyone continuing to use non-Plusnet email addresses.

wil699

thanks alanf....I suppose 100mb was a lot all those years ago.  BUT there must be a tech solution.

Any answers from the plusnet team?

After all, they did take over form totalise and madasafish.

BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hello there,

So your mail box limit will and always will have been 100mb. Can I ask though has the outlook setup on your side changed at anypoint? As when setting up an email through a client there's an option of:

POP - Will download the whole email from the server clearing up the inbox size.
or
IMAP - Will download a copy of an email from the server

Which of the 2 is your outlook set up as do you know?

Ben

wil699

Thanks Ben.

It is set, POP3.

I have now, in Outlook, unchecked the "retain a copy with your server", to see if that helps.

BDevine
Grafter

That should do the trick, it will have been the retained copy that was preventing the server side of your mailbox emptying.
Get back in touch if this hasn't resolved the issue but I have a good feeling you've corrected the problem.

Ben

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @BDevine,

i see you are 'the new kid on the block' and sought to send you a welcome PM but I see you have (wisely?) switched PMs off.

A warm welcome to 'here' - you might dare to introduce yourself on the introductions board?

opps darned typing - that should have been 'care' but 'dare' could be more appropriate!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BDevine
Grafter

Hey @Townman , didn't realise my PM's were turned off aha. I'll get that sorted. And thanks for the warm welcome, ill post in the introductions board shortly and say hello to the forums community. Thanks for the heads up!

MalcolmI

1. There doesn't seem to be any way of posting a new question.

2. Plusnet you have just turned off the Madasafish webmail interface and the link goes to Plusnet webmail. Logging in with my usual password it is now impossible to delete any e-mails as the default folder "Deleted Items" with the "No Entry" logo does not exist and an error message results.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Yep I get that and find I can't select multiple emails to delete and have to do it singly - sorry PN but the MAAF email set up was so much better than yours.

Plus PN email interface is always so slow - think it's time to move my email.  By the way does this mean I no longer need to pay for Just Mail?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Multiple messages can be selected by clicking the subject line of one then holding Ctrl as others are clicked; or for a range by holding the caps key as a second is clicked.

Either click the No-Entry sign, or drag the selected messages to Deleted Items to delete them. Drag the selected messages to another folder to move them.

The small Selection squares below the message list provide short cuts for selecting all messages (the complete contents of the mailbox), or those on the current page. Also for selecting Unread messages, Inverting the selection, and cancelling the selection.

David