cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish free domain name mailbox delivery problems

neileverett

Madasafish free domain name mailbox delivery problems

I have a free domain name which dates back to when I joined madasafish. I have 2 mailboxes setup, one for myself and one for my wife. These are set to forward to our respective Gmail accounts. The setup has worked fine for over 15 years and I haven't made any changes to the setup in recent times.

Recently, my wife in particular has been not receiving all emails that have been sent to her. We know this as on some occasions she has found out through word of mouth that an email has been sent that she hadn't received, we have then had this forwarded on and generally received it second time round, with her email address clearly visible in the original circulation list.

• I have checked Gmail spam
  • I have plus.net spam filtering turned off (not sure if this makes a difference for these madasafish domains)

Any ideas what else could be causing the problem? While we like our personalised domain, this is now becoming a major issue.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Madasafish free domain name mailbox delivery problems

Hi the Neil, I hope all is well and I'm sorry to see that's been an issue. Have you tried logging into our webmail to see if the message is reaching there before being forwarded? Another alternative solution could be using Gmail to pick up emails to the domain directly, in a similar way to a mail client (Outlook, Windows mail etc)  it can be set up to receive messages from 3rd party addresses 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
neileverett

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I don't ever seem to get any of my personal domain emails appearing in my plusnet webmail inbox, I have checked.

Can you advise of the settings required to pick up the personal domain emails directly in Gmail? I hadn't realised that was an option.

Thanks - Neil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Neil,

Would you be able to PM me your account username? If you don't receive mail to webmail then that'll likely be the source of the problem, because webmail's effectively the server so emails have to hit there first before they can be forwarded on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet