cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish email spam filter problem

mnpegg

Madasafish email spam filter problem

I have a madasafish email address that I still use. I also have another email address that gets forwarded to the madasafish one. I recently realised that a lot of the forwarded emails have not been arriving in my desktop email programme. I checked the plusnet/madasafish webmail client and found that a lot of messages were being wrongly marked as spam and dumped into the junk folder in the webmail, so I never got to see them. I could mark individual emails as 'not spam' and they would then arrive, but later emails from the same sender would still end up in the junk. There wasn't any way to adjust or turn off the spam filter in the webmail.

In August I talked to Plusnet help who passed on the issue to whoever deals with the legacy madasafish stuff. I got an email from Madasafish support telling me my email can either have the spam filter on or off. I replied and asked them to turn it off but got no answer, and when I called the help number in the email I found it no longer exists. I suspect it was an old form email.

I'd really like them to turn the spam filter off for my madasafish account. If anyone has had a similar issue I'd like to know if it got resolved.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Madasafish email spam filter problem

I’m afraid that as far as I’m aware it’s no longer possible to configure the spam filter on a Madasafish email address as there’s no functionality for this built into the systems including Plusnet Webmail.

Unfortunately you may have to check the spam folder in webmail periodically. 

Sorry for the hassle we’ve caused. Sad

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
mnpegg

This was the email I received in August. I do know the Plusnet help person I spoke to had to refer the issue to someone else who had overview of madasafish accounts. It does seem to suggest that the filter can be turned off.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 10:17 PM
To: mpegg
Subject: Ticket 205310631 has been passed to you

Dear Mr Pegg,

Account username: XXXX

Our Support Team have passed Ticket 205310631 to you with the comment shown
below.

==============

Dear Mr Pegg,

Thanks for waiting,

Madasafish customers don't have an editable spam filter. It can either be
turned on or off and will be on by default.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at
http://www.madasafish.com/contact/ or by phone on 0844 395 0830 if we can be
of further assistance.

Regards,

[CSA Removed]

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @mnpegg 

I've checked this with a colleague from our NetOps team and the answer's yes and no to this one. We can switch off the spam filter on our side but we can't switch off the filter on the back-end (Cloudmark).

Based on the fact that emails are getting through to your mailbox but they're filtered to the junk mail folder I suspect it's just the filter on our side that needs changing so I've raised a task to our NetOps team to arrange this.

I've raised ticket 206159361 on your account and I'll keep you updated on the progress via that. If you log in to your account and click Here you'll be able to access the page to view and respond to that ticket.

The task should be picked up within 3 working days so I'll check back on 21/09 but if I hear back sooner I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mnpegg

Hi

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue seems to be getting sorted out.

I'm finding I can't sign in to http://portal.madasafish.com/contact/  as you suggested. When I try to log in to the I just get an 'incorrect email address or password' message. (The same account details work for receiving email.) I tried password recovery but it just goes into a loop saying: 'Please make sure you've typed the verification image correctly', even though I have. In the past I've just assumed this was because of the move to Plusnet and I've not needed to access the madasafish page so it hasn't been an issue.

Regards

Matthew

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matthew thanks for the post back.

Ah it's odd you can't log in to your Madasafish account online, but I can confirm over here that we've switched off the spam filter on our side so future emails you receive shouldn't be directed into the junk mail/spam folders.

Let me know if there are further issues though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mnpegg

Nothing seems to have changed. As of today I'm still getting emails marked as spam and ending up in the junk folder in the webmail client. If the spam filter is turned off then surely this shouldn't still be happening?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @mnpegg 

I'm sorry to see there's no changes. Unfortunately there's not much more we can do our side as the filtering would likely be coming from the back-end system we've no access to and can't request changes like this.

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet