cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish email settings

peterb
Grafter

Madasafish email settings

I look after a domain held under Madasafish.   Messages disappear after arrival in the Android Outlook app. so I wonder whether the email settings are correct.  Messages don't disappear after arrival in desktop Outlook and then get synched successfully to the app. 

Domain is ****.org.uk   Email address is info@****.org.uk

User name in Outlook I have ****@madasafish.com 

I suspect that is not quite right.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Madasafish email settings

It’s difficult to answer from the information you’ve given. I would suspect that one of those clients is in POP3 mode which will remove mail from the server making it unavailable to another IMAP or POP3 client.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

peterb
Grafter

Hi thanks suggestion.  The app is IMAP, always leaves message on the server. But I think I have something wrong with the user name I am using.  Having said that, it works OK on PC Outlook.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @peterb If you're able to receive mail normally in Outlook, the settings you're using should be correct. The username for Madasafish is in the format of username@madasafish.com and the email address is the domain.

I think @Townman may be spot on that one of those clients may be set up as POP3, which I suspect is Outlook. If you go into the email account settings of Outlook for the Madasafish account, can you see if that's setup as IMAP or POP3?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet