Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Imap email Account Error on Incoming server: Mail.madasafish.com

gpluck
Hooked

Madasafish Imap email Account Error on Incoming server: Mail.madasafish.com

Hi again PN community 

My new probelm with madasafish email is on the ipad using ios email client is that i can no longer receive emails, but i can send them sucessfully. 

Am using mail.madasafish.com for both incoming and outgoing servers, username is the xxx@madasafish.com and password is the madasafish account password.

In the ios advanced imap setting authenticaton method is "password" 

I have deleted and re-created the account on the ipad twice in the hope that might clear out some cached errors

when @Gandalf  was helping me fix an over quota email issue earlier we did change the password, send and receive are working fine in webmail and thunderbird, but on the ipad only send works not recive 

Any suggetstion as to what i can try next to fix this issue 

Cheers 

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Madasafish Imap email Account Error on Incoming server: Mail.madasafish.com

Hi @gpluck Sorry for missing your text yesterday, it came through about a minute before I logged out. 😬

When you're setting up the mail account on iOS, it'd normally prompt you in some way if you'd want 'SSL' on or off, are you selecting the option to have it on or off?

I'm also assuming you're entering the same password in both the incoming and outgoing server boxes?

If you need any further help I'm happy to call you back again Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

Hi Gandalf 

I am leaving SSL off in the ios email client advanced setting for the madasafish account as that seems to reccomended elkesewhere on this forum. 

As far as i can tell the username/password and authentication method--> password  are the same on the incoming and outgoing servers -- i can send emails ok which i assume use the outgoing server, but get this account error message when checking for incoming mail which i assume is the inbound server ? 

I have texted you the ios settings screens from the device, if you are able to give me a callback later this afternoon i hope we can sort this out 

Thanks 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @gpluck I've not been in a position to call you today yet and I finish my shift in about 4 minutes, so I've arranged for one of my colleagues @LaurenB to call you back soon and try to help you fix this. Smiley

As a heads up the picture messages you've sent haven't come through as pictures apart from the text itself. Any text messages are basically just added onto the ticket 196153697 by our system, I don't think it can see picture messages.

Feel free to PM me or Lauren a copy of the screenshots and this may help when she calls you shortly.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

PM'd tou the settings / screen shots after talking with Lauren yesterday, deleted and re added the mail account in ios twice but issue persists - can send emails in ios client but not receive them - messages when the cleint checks for email : account error - details suggest checking settings/server user password - which have been input correctly (they appear work on the outbound server because sends are ok but not on the inbound server)

Have been searching the forum to see if anyone else has experienced the same or a similar issue - thst subsequently been resolved, a couple of links below 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Madasafish-changed-password-now-unable-to-access-email/m-p/16352...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Incoming-emails-stopped/td-p/1573581/page/5

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Emails-not-being-received/m-p/1683261

look forward to hearing from you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @gpluck I got your PM and I'll message you back shortly Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gpluck
Hooked

No further progress on resolving the imap issue, switched to POP instead with same server names / same user password and all works as it should, except messages are now downloading onto the ios device (imap leaves them on madasafish servers) - so not really a fix, but will have to live with this workaround for now. 

Thanks @Gandalf  for working with me to try and understand/resolve this issue

Final note - yesterday updated ios to lates 13.2.3 which apparently resolved a number of ios email related bugs, sadly it didnt resolve this one.. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @gpluck 

I'm firstly sorry for the delayed response. I've messaged you back but to leave some information on your thread if there's anyone out there who may have an idea on how to make this work for you...

As a test would you be able to set up a IMAP account for the email address on Thunderbird or any non-Apple mail client?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Are you seeing any error messages … or are you simply not seeing any emails?

Sometimes IMAP accounts need inbox specifying as the root folder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.